Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saoneill27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2004, 08:19 AM
    Microsoft Word formatting
    Hi there,
    I've been a technical writer for over 4 years now and I've never experienced the following problem until a few days ago.

I've written a 200 page document for a client. When they open the document, MS Word asks them if they want to save the changes. It has obviously done something to the formatting of the document because when my client looks at it, everything is out of place. There are extra pages where there shouldn't be and therefore all my references, TOC and index are wrong. What is going on here - any suggestions? I'm at a loss!

All suggestions welcome - no matter how easy they may seem.

Thanks
    Sharon
    Metamorphousthe Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2004, 09:06 AM
    Re: Microsoft Word formatting
    I know that you said you have been doing this for 4 years and never experienced this before, so this maybe have already been considered... but are they running a different make or version of word processing programme than you run? Sometimes default settings are different in each person's WP programme and even font styles. This can make displaying a text document read differently. This is why most people will convert it to a PDF so that the display is exactly as you make it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help In Microsoft Word [ 2 Answers ]

I have two questions. 1. How do you save a backup copy of a document? 2. How do you recover the text from a damaged document?

Microsoft word [ 1 Answers ]

Why can't I type in Microsoft Word? And when I could type how do I make It stop erasing the words in front of what I type?

Microsoft Word [ 9 Answers ]

How can I develop a Word form with lines so that when I type on those lines they don't disappear other than using control U because that doesn't work. Example: Name: ________________________ Address: ________________________ Now I want to go back and type on the lines. I have...

Button in Microsoft Word [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sirs, Is it possible to add a button in a Word toolbar which represents the execution of an .exe file? By clicking the button opening the program file. How? Thank you

Microsoft Word [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have to do a essay and I am going to be doing it in Word XP. However, I have to have double spacing after each word. I don't really want to be pressing the spacebar twice after every word I type. Is there a way that I can confgure Word XP to automatically do two spaces when I press the...

View more questions Search