Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cash21 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2004, 07:55 AM
    TEMPLATES are driving me CRAZY! Help please..
    I am what you would call an HTML novice.  I can make website but am not very knowledgeable with how to integrate free templates into my websites.

I just downloaded it and it came with a few different files.  All of which I don't know what to do with!

-Index file containing the basic template.
    -GIF file containing the color scheme of the template.
    PSD file..?.

So these are the files I have.  What do I do?  Should I copy and paste the source code of the index page?  And if so what do I do with the other 2 files?  Just upload them to the site?

Thanks a lot.
    Metamorphousthe Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2004, 08:40 PM
    Re: TEMPLATES are driving me CRAZY! Help please..
    Can one novice help another? :) The .psd file is an adobe photoshop picture format which can be viewed and edited with GIMP 2 image editor.
    The web host I use, I have to upload the pictures to the dbase first grab the url assigned the pic, and when I use front page to build my page I insert the picture file from... and instead of using a directory on my hard drive I insert the url in it's place, the editor will access the internet and pull in the file. I upload the source to my site and that's how I insert themes and such. BTW, after the editor pulls in thepic then you can readjust the attributes which will alter the source for display.
    theguyfromoz Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2004, 06:37 PM
    TEMPLATES are driving me CRAZY! Help please..
    Templates vary greatly depending on where they come from. From yr description, I'd suggest that the template you have is a layered Photoshop image so that you can make any changes to the design you wish, then export the images again as web images. However, having said that, if you need to use templates, you probably won't have the skillset to modify PSD files. You should seek out FrontPage templates instead, as these can be edited directly in FrontPage. There are plenty of these around, but they are not so pretty as the kind you have. You can also edit and save PSD web templates in Macromedia Fireworks, which is a bit more web friendly than Photoshop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving Me Crazy [ 1 Answers ]

This is a late 80's or early 90's movie about three or four kids who take oof on there bikes to go camping in the woods by the lake. There is a scene in which a heavy set boy has just gotten out of the shower and is eating a candy bay and driving a remote control car while singing "THE WANDERER!' ...

What song is this.. Its driving me crazy [ 2 Answers ]

Been tyring to find out what song this is for the last 4 years... Used to be played every weekend at a dance club in Wisconsin... The only lyrics I remember are... "Feel My energy nah nah nah Feel my Energy, my energy yeah" (Then the next verse starts with... ) "People say ....."

Help this is driving me crazy [ 7 Answers ]

OK well I was suppose to get my period may 6 it was late and came on may 14th but it was very very lite. It didn't even soak a pad. And it went away 3 days later. Where as I am normally 6-7 days and very heavy. And on cd12 I had a dark red discharge and only lasted a couple hours but wasn't heavy....

This is driving me crazy! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it is driving me crazy!! It is form the 80's or 90's. It is about a little girl, and she steps through a mirror in her bedroom and goes to an animated land with little creatures. I think the little girl was brown headed, but I'm not sure. Any help would...

HELP! Windows ME driving me crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK... here's the skinny.. I have a dell laptop with windows me on it and have been infected with a virus of some sort ( not on that computer now!) My brother knows a little about computers and suggested that I simply go into dos and reformat the drive and put xp on ( which I have the disk for)...

View more questions Search