Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfshyer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
    New testament
    Were Jesus and King Herod alive at the same time?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 02:06 PM

Yes, per Matthew Chapter 2. For the past 100 years or so it has been believed that King Herod died in the year 4 BCE - which just means that the Monks who tried to figure out the year Christ was born got it wrong.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jan 27, 2011, 03:34 PM

Which Herod are you referring to? Herod was just a title affixed to each of the rulers in the Herodian dynasty.

There was Herod Agrippa, Herod Antipas, Herod the Great, etc. All of them are mentioned in the New Testament.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Jan 27, 2011, 11:46 PM
    Jesus was born during Herod the Great, King of Judea's reign. It was this King who ordered all children under the age of two to be killed in the hope that Jesus would be among them. At the time of Jesus death, Herod the Great's son Herod Antipas was ruler of Galilee.

Jan 27, 2011, 11:56 PM
    Comment on Moparbyfar's post
    Where's the Edit function now?. not that it's important but just to add, Herod Antipas was given tetrarchy - ruler over 1/4th - of Galilee and Perea.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 12:08 AM

Mo, you used the Comment feature in the new skin. The Comment feature does not support the Edit button. Only if you scroll down and use the Answer box will you get the Edit button.

If you want to get on the old skin that you used to use (where I am), go to the top right of your screen to Settings, click it open, get the big window, and click the words at the bottom left that will take you to the old skin.

Jan 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Mo, you used the Comment feature in the new skin. The Comment feature does not support the Edit button. Only if you scroll down and use the Answer box will you get the Edit button.

If you want to get on the old skin that you used to use (where I am), go to the top right of your screen to Settings, click it open, get the big window, and click the words at the bottom left that will take you to the old skin.
    WOOHOO!! A thousand thank you's Wondergirl for that! I always struggled with the new setup. Not allowed to kudos you yet but believe me, you've been a HUGE help! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did God designate the Old Testament for Jews and the New Testament for Christians ? [ 4 Answers ]

If so, please give specific Bible refences to support your position.

Old testament with new testament hooked into 1 help please [ 5 Answers ]

Is there 2 versions hooked into 1?

Last will and Testament [ 2 Answers ]

Last will and Testament: question, Does a last will and testament have to be executed as it is written or can the Administraor pay out heirs as his wishes?

Last Will and Testament [ 3 Answers ]

A person I helped all my life wants to arrange his Last Will and Testament. But there are a few issues: this person has some assets coming to him. We don't know exactly how much or when it will be registered to his name, but it is coming. Will a general statement in his Will cover those assets,...

Last will and testament [ 2 Answers ]

If you have been named in someone's will, how are you notified? What if the executor of the will just decides not to abide by what is written in the will?

View more questions Search