Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Honeywell th8000
    I have a th8000 that is locked up. I have tried new batterys I have also tried to pull the memory battery out and still nuthin I bought this house about 6 months ago and it came with it, is there any way of getting it unlocked, these aren't cheap units if not ill go with something else, also does any one know what the wiring diagram is for this unit? I have the ususal wiring and then there are wires on s1 and s2 what are those for? I am a electrician so I am familiar with this stuff but I can not find a diagram on this unit thanks

Keith
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 03:00 AM
    8000 is a series, you have to find another number like TH8110u1003

This site has manuals. Look under the files link:

TH8110U1003: $95.75 | Honeywell VisionPro 8000 Programmable 1 Heat/1 Cool Thermostat | iaqsource.com - Aprilaire, Honeywell, Trion Air Bear, Bryant, Carrier, Trane Filters and IAQ products

s1 and s2 can be remote sensor terminals. It can be outdoor. It can be indoor.

It's a chore, but you can find the manuals on the Honeywell site.

You seem frustrated?

Sep 27, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    8000 is a series, you have to find another number like TH8110u1003

This site has manuals. Look under the files link:

TH8110U1003: $95.75 | Honeywell VisionPro 8000 Programmable 1 Heat/1 Cool Thermostat | iaqsource.com - Aprilaire, Honeywell, Trion Air Bear, Bryant, Carrier, Trane Filters and IAQ products

s1 and s2 can be remote sensor terminals. It can be outdoor. It can be indoor.

It's a chore, but you can find the manuals on the Honeywell site.

You seem frustrated?

Sorry about that it it a th8320u1008

If the s1 s2 are just used for out side temp then I will just disonect them, it look as though the thermostat is junk I to apart and pulled the main battery out hoping to rest it but no luck. I think I will be going and buying a different thremostat, I am not going to spend +100 on one, I looked on my funace quick, and I have 3 dirrernt cables going to the board, one goes to a automatic humidifier control and I haven't traced out the other on yet, I am going to go with a different controller I don't need all these programmable settings usually just hold it a set temp anyway thanks for the response any info on where I could get the wiring diagram for this model would be great

Keith
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
    The instructions are in the same place: TH8320U1008: $123.95 | Honeywell VisionPro 8000 Programmable MultiStage Thermostat | iaqsource.com - Aprilaire, Honeywell, Trion Air Bear, Bryant, Carrier, Trane Filters and IAQ products

Under FILES.

S1 and S2 can also be an indoor sensor. The outdoor sensor may come into play for HP operation. Not sure.

The stat has multiliple levels of security and a reset mechanism and is Armchair programmable.

If you are still having trouble with the stat I have a trick up my sleave that may work.

Sep 28, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    The instructions are in the same place: TH8320U1008: $123.95 | Honeywell VisionPro 8000 Programmable MultiStage Thermostat | iaqsource.com - Aprilaire, Honeywell, Trion Air Bear, Bryant, Carrier, Trane Filters and IAQ products

under FILES.

S1 and S2 can also be an indoor sensor. The outdoor sensor may come into play for HP operation. Not sure.

The stat has multiliple levels of security and a reset mechanism and is Armchair programmable.

If you are still having trouble with the stat I have a trick up my sleave that may work.
    What kind of trick do you have I am game for anything I will be buying a new one later today after I wake up if I can't get this one to go so anythng you got would be greatly appreciated

Keith
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 04:49 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "locked up", so if you tried the reset mechanism and that didn't work remove the batteries and the thermostat from the wall. NOTE OPTION #2

The manual has this information:

Step 13. User Setup Number 0670: Screen Lockout Function.
    To change Options, press the Up or Down arrow key to the right of the number in the lower right
    Corner of the screen. Options:
    0 — All keys are available. Screen is unlocked.
    1 — Screen is partially locked. All key functions are locked except the Temperature Up and Down
    Keys and the Cancel key. Enter Advanced Setup to unlock the screen.
    2 — Screen is fully locked. Enter Advanced Settings to unlock the screen.

Don't do the below option until you investigate the above.

Connect a jumper across where the battery was and hold it there for about 30 seconds. Re-install the batteries.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
    From the FAQ in the instructions:

Q: Some or all keys on the display do not work; why?
    A: Thermostat screen is locked. See Advanced Setting section to unlock keys on the screen.

Sep 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
    I gave up ans bought a new one different brand any way cheaper thanks for the info but this unit is done
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 02:51 PM
    See your PM.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
    He may have been under the assumption that the instructions cost $123.95, thus buying a new stat cheaper.
    johnnnny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 04:50 PM
    Anyone who is having a problem with resetting the Honeywell TH8000 thermostat... If you are so mechanically inclined as I am. Take it apart carefully with a small flat screw driver split the case apart... then pull out the board and screen together carefully. Flip it over and with your flat screw driver push the 3 volt flat battery out and test it to see if its still good.. if not change it and put everything back together again. It should work fine.

I called their help line... they were useless.. LOL. Wouldn't tell me how to reset it.. or anything. I just replaced the small 3 volt battery inside and it works great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell TH8000 not responding to screen touches [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell TH8000 thermostat. It does not respond to any touches on the screen. I need to change from heat to air conditioning. How can I reset the thermostat to start over?

Honeywell TH8000 red light blinks 4 time [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a Honeywell TH8000 thermostat with a Coleman heat pump and coleman variable speed electric furnace. Sometimes the thermostat emergency red light (top right corner) blinks 4 times in a loop. This can happen on both the Heat and EM Heat mode. I have searched the WEB for the info...

Honeywell TH8000 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

This thermostat was installed only 8 months ago and has worked fine until last night. It began a humming sound and the thermostate vibrates. What is causing this? The heater is working fine and all displays are normal. It is just this loud sound that is emitting from the thermostate itself and...

Honeywell TH8000 intermittent [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few months old Lennox heat pump with Honeywell TH8000 thermostat. Most of the time the thermostat works great but once every two weeks or so the inside temperature on the unit says 75, the thermostat is set to turn on heat at 72, and the heat comes on! The programming is set for manual,...

Honeywell TH8000 Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

When this thermostat call for aux. heat, it reads aux. heat on the pad but no heat. The aux. heat works in manual mode. I think a setup code is wrong since it has never done right. Could someone help.

View more questions Search