Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XMouse Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 01:38 AM
    Ever felt like
    I recently started having sex.
    I have this over whelming fear of getting pregnant. Just scares me beyond belife. Is this irrational ? Cause, we are using birth control and condoms. Or does this just show I'm not ready ? Does everyone go through this ? Wondering...
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 06:00 AM
    First, let me commend you for using both condoms and birth control. This is very mature and wise on your part. I think it is natural to feel this way. Especially if you don't feel you are ready. But I can tell you, I don't think you will ever be truly ready for a baby until you have one, and even then, there'll be times you are over whelmed. This is something you just have to wait until you think you are ready, financially, emotionally, physically, etc. being a parent isn't something to rush into, until you feel you are ready... then you just got to hold your breath and dive in, holding on tight for the ride.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 08:12 AM
    I can not agree more with what buggage said. Although I must say that if your fear stems from fear that you could not physically or financially care for a child, maybe you should refrain from sex until you are ready. It is normal to be afraid, and you are afraid even when you want a child, but if you are very young, maybe you should reconsider. I am not an advocate of waiting till you are married, don't get me wrong, Im a firm believer in testing the waters so to speak, but I think that if you are going to do that, you should be prepared and ready for any outcome. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing felt tip pen from skin? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, can anyone help? I have a four year old son and this morning he came into my bedroom roaring like a tiger. When I opened my eyes, he was very excited to show me the tiger stripes he and his five year old sister had drawn all over him! Purple black and orange, in felt tip pen! I put him...

Felt like contraction [ 1 Answers ]

My cycle came on time but it looked weird it was like a faded red brown type of cycle and it did not start till in the afternoon around 5pm and that is not normal the look or the time that it started I changed my pad 1 day for till the end of my cycle which takes three days then it turned pinkish...

Felt in love in my workplace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I felt in love a man in my workplace. We see everyday each other and he told me that he wants me but he is afraid to proceed and get closer to me. We go out for drink or dinner but that all. We speak to the phone after we finish the work and everything seems to be very romantic. Please...

Felt Dizzy While Working Out [ 5 Answers ]

On Satuday I went to the gym. I just started working out again since 2years. I walked/ran for 20mins. Lifted some weights. I had been working out for 45mins when I felt dizzy, I felt like if I was going to faint. I looked pale, and felt weak. I was working out fine. I wasn't rushing and I was going...

View more questions Search