Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Budman4558 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2013, 05:58 PM
    Why does she "overthink" our age difference?
    I'm in my 20's and she is in her late 40's. I met her through mutual friends and from the start we clicked instantly. We go out all the time, spend time with her kids, a lot of things are done together. It seems as of lately though, she is starting to let the age difference get to her. Not once have I even mentioned the difference or brought it up. Maybe someone can explain that too me. I don't think it's a maturity level distance because otherwise we wouldn't be able to hold a conversation, let alone go out. Can someone try to give me some helpful advice? There is nothing more to add that can make my question anymore clearer. Its as simple as I say it is.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 18, 2013, 08:13 PM
    You are in two different stages of life and maybe she is coming to see that and perhaps it is embarrassing knowing people may be looking at the two of you and seeing her as either a cougar or your mother.
    I know it would bother me and I can't see myself with someone as young as you. Maybe her children are bothered by it as well.
    If she is backing away from you, let her. She knows what she wants and what she's doing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 18, 2013, 10:09 PM
    You probably are missing a lot of little ways that you are different aside from maturity level.
    They are adding up.
    Plus she may have wishes for her future that are more immediate than yours are, such as a husband, and you are not ready for that. You don't mention the age difference between you and her children. I imagine they aren't that much younger than you?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2013, 10:54 PM
    I agree with your other two answers. She is old enough to be your mother, and if a relationship with 20 years difference in ages lasts, she will be 70 and you only 50! There really is too much difference.
    Part of the problem is probably the maturity level. She has had 20 more years than you to experience life, do more, go more, and even make more mistakes than you.
    If you will look around, you can find someone else, maybe not more than 10 years difference in your ages, or even younger. Good luck.
    Budman4558 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2013, 09:57 AM
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I am just trying to see how to go from here. I respect anyone's wishes, she just never said anything. I'm seeing hints though. So thank you, now I know where to go from here. Have a good day.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 12:52 PM
    Her short, and long term goals are different and she looks for maybe more long term plans than you do. The fun is great fornow, but the future is closer to her, than yours is to YOU.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Age difference [ 1 Answers ]

Would it be illegal for someone who is 19 to date a girl who is almost 17

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Age difference. [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have known each other since we were real little, and everyone say stuff because he is 4 years older than me and he is an adult and I am still a minor. He is 19 and I am almost 16. We have been dating since I was 11 ( yes I am very mature for my age was back then too) and people...

Age difference [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Thanks for my last question answer, I am satisfied, but now another one I am 28 & she is 18, will it be more painful to have sex as she is virgin. Kindly help

Age difference [ 15 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old girl and I will be a senior in High School. I am dating a 20 year old college student. Do you think that he is too old for me to date? I just need some opinions.

View more questions Search