Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamzid Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Little flying bugs in basement
    Hi.. I seem to be having a big problem down under... in the basement that is..
    I always notice a lotta dead little, flying bugs (about the size of a pinhead or slightly bigger) all over my basement floor and many of them dead near my 2 basement windows. I figured it was the tall grass outside so I made sure I cleared them up around there and even sprayed the windows with insectiside... and cleaning them throroughly but the problem still persists.
    What should I do? I have no idea where they are coming from and every few days I notice the dead just keep accumulating... please help
    :(
    Ottey32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Wheres the answer!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 8, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottey32 View Post
    wheres the answer!
    Why do you want to know?
    dylan719804 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Sounds like springtails. The decaying organic matter next to the house could attract them as well as any moisture in or around the basement.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan719804 View Post
    Sounds like springtails. The decaying organic matter next to the house could attract them as well as any moisture in or around the basement.
    The termites or the wood rot have probably made the question moot, since it was asked in2006.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little Bugs [ 6 Answers ]

The last couple of weeks, I've noticed thes tiny bugs at all of my windows in my house. They were at every window even the ones upstairs. The bugs were also in my bathroom/bathtub. They are so tiny that it looks like a dot just crawling around. I've sprayed and sprayed and I can't get rid of...

Killing them bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Anybody here know what the best product to kill them bugs around the outside of your home is. A lot seep to recommend tempo wp/sc. I will be killing mostly spiders but I need something with a good range of killing ability. Also what is the best way of application for this product i.e. use in a low...

Little Flying Devils [ 6 Answers ]

For quite some time in my house I've had a wheat moth problem. It all started when ONE moth flew in the window and since then they have grown into a very frustrating colony. I have gone around the house w/ a rolled up newspaper but they are EVERYWHERE how can I get rid of these pests with out...

Lint is flying out of our vent into the backyard [ 3 Answers ]

New home, 5 year old dryer... We have lint coming out of the vent connected to the dryer, and it is making a mess on our patio. Please let me know what I can do.

Box Elder Bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of box elder bugs? I live in a mobile home and have been annoyed by these harmless bugs since we moved in but can't find anything to get rid of them... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

View more questions Search