Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yosegurl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2005, 10:58 PM
    Alaska cruise balcony or not?
    We are planning a cruise to alaska for our family including my mother in law, her first cruise. Is it worth the extra money to have a stateroom with a balcony, or is an oceanview better for the cost. We have cruised before, but never with a balcony room before. Any input on the alaskan cruise would be appreciated.
    :o :o :o
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Feb 8, 2006, 03:13 PM
    A friend who cruises positively raved about their balcony room. They said that when you go up/down parts of the Inland Passage it felt like you could reach out and touch the sides.

They would take their drinks out on the balcony, and didn't have to worry about getting jostled about by others.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 07:35 PM
    There is almost no such thing as a bad room, or bad cruise ( unless it is one that makes the news being attacked by pirates or something)

But if you can afford the upgrade in rooms, go for it, A cruise is often a trip of a lifetime or at the least a very speical memory,
    shnrgrl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
    We just returned from a Caribbean Cruise and had a balcony . If you can afford the little extra cost ---do it! It is definitely worth the money. I've been on cruises with just an oceanview, and there is no comparison .To be able to breathe in the fresh air and view- not to mention having a drink on your private balcony. Cannot be beat. Well worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cruise weddings [ 5 Answers ]

My hunny and I are thinking about getting married while on a cruise. My family has never been anywhere outside the US aside from Canada, and my parents are getting up in years. I want them to experience the Caribbean and a cruise. The only way to get the family together on one is to plan something...

Leasing cottage in Alaska [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Alaska and recently engaged in a 8-month lease. The dwelling is a cottage that is rented on a nightly rental at 220.00 through the summer then starting in late Sept. becomes a winter rental at 750.00 a month all utilities included. When speaking to the land owner he said that the unit...

Cruise Ship Job [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.

Outdoor Balcony Fan Light.. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I have a fan/light unit that is going to be installed on the third floor balcony of a vacation home. Are any special requirements in order since it is outside although it does have a covered roof and is 3-sided. Anhy help appreciated. Also I have (2) receptacles on each floor...

View more questions Search