Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KILALA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 11:14 AM
    Do I need to carry the business insurance?
    I purchased the investment property in Hawaii under LLC company I formed.
    But I sold the property and my LLC in Hawaii does not do any business or activity at all.

I carried the business insurance but do I still need to continue to carry the insurance?

I am not going to do any business in Hawaii next couple years.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2014, 11:33 AM
    How long ago was the sale?
    Does your LLC operate in other capacity?
    'Next couple of years' might mean yes, keep it, or the insurance company won't pick you up again, depending on the nature of the policy.
    If you have a company lawyer, ask. Too many questions,
    KILALA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2014, 11:42 AM
    I sold the property last year.

I bought a condo and rent it out. During that time, I had a business insurance.
    But now I sold the condo.

No other activity with this LLC and I am not going to do any for next couple years.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2014, 01:26 PM
    Sure, drop it, but not all insurers will let you start and stop like this. Your choice. I'd drop it and take the chance.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 25, 2014, 06:05 AM
    LLC company
    Your use of the word "company" is redundant. "LLC" means "limited liability company". So you are saying "limited liability company company". The same idea as "Rio Grande River", or "Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Drop the insurance. I doubt that there is a law in Hawaii requiring all LLCs to carry insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who long does an employer have to carry insurance on an employee once terminated? [ 1 Answers ]

In the state of Missouri how long must an employer carry insurance on an employee once the employee has been terminated from employment? I know that COBRA benefits must be offered at the end of the insurance coverage period. Please advise

What is the best insurance for a business? [ 1 Answers ]

What unsurance company covers things like fire,and flooding

Insurance for business [ 2 Answers ]

What is the average cost of insurance for janitorial cleaning business for an individual that is a sole-proprietor with no employees?

Can both parents carry a child on their medical insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has been on my insurance since birth (he is 16 months old) and the doc ans staff know him well. The insurance premium was factored into support calculation that ex pays to me for my son. I think he is going to ask it be removed from the calcuatoin because he just started working and my...

View more questions Search