Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yazan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Fn key need shift key all the time
    I have a dell laptop which is inspiron 6400 I have a problem with the fn key which I don't know how it was started
    The problem is that the fn key isn't working properly for example when I press fn+f1 in order to hibernate nothing happends unless I press the fn+f1+SHIFT key the hibernate happends so my problem is the shift key
    Nothing can be activated and displayed unless I press the shift and the fn and the key of the function that I want to activate
    Other example when I press fn+up or down arrow key in order to change the resolution the resolution changes but without displaying the box that shows how is the level of resolution, this box doesn't appear unless I press the shift key with the fn and the up or down arrow keys
    Also when I play a game for example a car game I have to press the shift key all the time in order to play
    This is my problem
    I hope you will bw able to help me
    yazan
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Did you install a third-party software that could have changed the shortcut keys?
    yazan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Am sorry but what is third party software
    Hope to h ave answer from u
    yazan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Look up key [ 1 Answers ]

I have problem wiith my laptop.. the message said... the request lookup key was not found in any activation context... how do I fix this problem.. please help and thank you.

Shift Key! [ 1 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page and also in an email message I have to push the shift key the same time I click on the link. How can that be fixed so only clicking on it will open it? Thanks, Jim

Have to hold Shift key [ 2 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page, and also in an email message, I have to hold down the Shift key and Enter key at the same time. This just started a little while ago. Is there someway I can reset or change it so all I have to do is hit the Enter key again? Thanks, Jim

View more questions Search