Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clmendis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Shower and facet running at the same time
    My shower and faucet are running at the same time. The shower seems to get all the hot water and the faucet all the cold. I can't take a shower without running completely out of hot water.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 14, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Please give us more details. Are you saying the the faucet turns on the same time you're taking a shower or nare you complaining about running out of hot water? Repost and tell us all. Regards, Tom
    clmendis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
    We have an older shower system with a single knob in the middle that you turn to go from the faucet to the shower. When you turn it on the shower runs but so does the faucet so you are using twice as much water and therefore you run out of hot very quickly. Sometimes when you are showering the water in the shower and the faucet stop running all together then you have to turn everything off and start again. Sometimes the shower will work and sometimes it won't. I think there is a valve that is worn out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Ac running all the time [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner runs when the switch on the thermostat is in the off,heat,and air. The heat works like it is suppose to. The thermostat is a new digital hunter. I replaced the other digital thermostat because it was doing the same thing. Does anybody have any kind of advice or information...

Shower and facet water running at the same time [ 1 Answers ]

In my bathroom the shower runs as well as the facet as if I were running water to take a bath. The water pressure from the shower head is no that strong. What can I do to have just the shower water running?

Water heater running time [ 4 Answers ]

My power company uses 90 hours for average monthly running time for figuring monthly cost.I don't know for sure but believe basing this on family of four.Now I know might be hard to know being so many factors to figure in.I live alone and hot water consumption is one shower a day.Laundry I do...

View more questions Search