Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davlui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Keyboard on Mac: Why is it like I'm pressing the shift key?
    Hi
    I'm using bootcamp on my mac with windows XP sp3 and, today my mac keyboard stopped working and I bought a new one, PC keyboard but now when I'm in windows everything I do with the keyboard seems like I'm pressing the shift key.
    Anyone have experienced something like this?

Thx

David Goncalves (Portugal)
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 31, 2011, 01:46 PM

I have seen similar things running windows on a mac via VMware Fusion. Try turring on Caps Lock. In the past my virtual Windows seemed to act like caps lock was on when the keyboard indicator said it was not. To see if caps lock is on when you type numbers from the top of the keyboard not the numeric pad you will get numbers when the cap lock is on and the second symbol when the shift key is pressed. So here in the US a 3 is a 3 with caps lock on and a 3 is a # when the shift key is pressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop keyboard - pressing one key triggers different/multiple keys [ 3 Answers ]

The keyboard on my laptop has recently started to go a bit crazy. Some buttons are unresponsive, and when I press one others are often triggered, e.g. if I press a 'g' then 'gb' is entered, or ''' goes to ''/'. The most fun is that pressing space sometimes acts to refresh a page, so entire emails...

Fn key need shift key all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop which is inspiron 6400 I have a problem with the fn key which I don't know how it was started The problem is that the fn key isn't working properly for example when I press fn+f1 in order to hibernate nothing happends unless I press the fn+f1+SHIFT key the hibernate happends...

Shift Key! [ 1 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page and also in an email message I have to push the shift key the same time I click on the link. How can that be fixed so only clicking on it will open it? Thanks, Jim

View more questions Search