Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwint80 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 11:38 AM
    11 yrs old rheem just quit blows inside
    Outdoor unit won't turn on... I have 240v and the blue wire on contactor but not coming out of it... think it'sd the contactor?
    I replced it about two yr ago... was working fine then just quit inside fan blows
    If anyone can help please let me know...
    [email protected]
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwint80 View Post
    outdoor unit won't turn on.....i have 240v and the blue wire on contactor but not coming out of it......think it'sd the contactor?
    i replced it about two yr ago...was working fine then just quit inside fan blows
    if anyone can help please let me know....
    [email protected]
    Explain a little better about your problem, what do you mean about the blue wire on the contactor?
    pwint80 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 01:19 PM

OK I try something... if I push the contacts down on contactor the unit will run and cool...
    I did replace one of these about 2 yrs ago...
    My yellow wire that hooks on side has 17-19 v when I test yellow wire and ground there is two yellow wire on one side and a brown or orange on the other... how this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inside controls off.outside fan runs even when inside Heat is on [ 2 Answers ]

My outside unit's fan still runs even when inside controls are all set to off, or even when inside heat is being used.

A/c blows hot [ 3 Answers ]

My home a/c blows but, blows hot in all settings.Its 11 years old and we have a home warranty.There is a co-pay so curious if this is a simple fix.

Should I take emergency leave of absence and then quit or just quit immediately? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to leave job for which I did not have time to notify my employer 2 weeks before I quit. My planes changed so fast. I have to quit immediately, but I I still have my shift schedule for tomorrow. I work at Starbucks as barista. Should I make call and tell them that my car broke and cannot come...

A/C blows hot air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old Bryant package unit 582ANW0420. Nothing but trouble with the unit. This was installed by warranty company and they say only warranty remaining is if problem is compressor or fan. Last year the house (which is in the hot San Fernando Valley and 1300 sq ft) would hold...

Dog that won't quit pooping inside [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old border collie cross, which has been house trained for the past three years. In the last six months he has started peeing and pooping in the house. He can be outside all day long and as soon as he comes into the house he immediately runs downstairs and poops. We can take him...

View more questions Search