Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pencil4444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Forgotten Film title: Quirky family in small US town

Desperately trying to track down a film title which was on late night in the UK earlier this year. A successful son and his new English wife are visiting his family who live in a small town in America. He has a brother who has a heavily pregnant wife/girlfriend with long red hair. The mother is not very welcoming of the new wife as her "prodigal" son is her favourite. The new wife is using the visit to try and sign a local artist to her independent (New York?) gallery before another, bigger gallery sign him. The artist is I think, autistic. The pregnant woman is very welcoming and sees the new wife as a "sister" or best friend with whom she can do g"girly" things like paiting toe and finger nails! The younger (at home) brother is jealous of his older brother and gets confused with new english wife whom he thinks is flirting with him. The family are very religious - the returning son used to be and sings at a local church they go to. New wife didn't know this side of him. The new wife decides to go to try and sign artist instead of to the hospital when pregnant girl goes in to have baby. She miscarries and the "prodigal" son is there for her. Her partner (younger son) isn't sure about how he feels and is frequently sullen with her - feels trapped.
    The film is beautifully shot - stylish shots of empty streets and such like. It was brilliantly acted and scripted. Please help!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Oh, yeah, that was the one with Amy Adams... um... Junebug, I think. The city wife was played by... Embeth Davidtz, maybe?
    pencil4444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 03:01 AM
    Thank you again - you're a star - it's been driving me mad!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title needed: Animated 80's film: Girl saves town who got their color stolen [ 1 Answers ]

A girl goes out to her barn and gets her white horse. They go to a town with naughty kids because their color was stolen by two bad guys. I can't remember the title to save the life of me, its from the late 80's or early 90's. Please help its driving me nuts!

Forgotten World War 1 film title [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this world war 1 film a good few (perhaps 6) years ago but I forgot the title and really want to watch it again... help. It was in colur, and pretty gruesome with guts etc. going everywhere. It was from the English point of view and, from what I can remember, was filmed pretty much...

Movie title forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and I watched this movie when we were young and we remember the title to be love me tender. All we can find is the elvis movie. It's about a teenage girl that has a terminal disease and writes letters to elvis. We watched this in the early 80s.

Forgotten title of book/film [ 4 Answers ]

There is a book and film about a true story of a man who was institutionalized because of a physical disability who met up with another patient who was believed only to make noises, but the man could quite clearly understand what he was saying and interpreted all that he said for people. I think...

A redneck family goes to town. [ 1 Answers ]

A redneck family from the hills was visiting the city and they were In a mall for the first time in their lives. The father and son were Strolling around while the wife shopped. They were amazed by almost Everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that Could move apart...

View more questions Search