Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alberti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2015, 12:31 PM
    Ceiling leak when shower is on
    Ceiling leaks when shower is on. Does not leak if tub water faucet is on. Appears dry when water is off.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 24, 2015, 03:41 PM
    Probably leaking where the shower arm screw into the drop ell.
    Remove shower arm, coat threads with thread joint compound and screw back in.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 30, 2015, 06:16 AM
    Are there any cracks in tub / shower enclosure ? Do you get wet floor outside shower after you shower ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak through ceiling from shower [ 7 Answers ]

My wife was showering this morning, quick shower, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes later we noticed downstairs dripping through the ceiling onto our laundry machines. This is right underneath the shower. No accessible plumbing lines. It is a cube-shaped shower with a tile floor. To troubleshoot, I...

Shower leak in downstairs ceiling [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all hope some where is there that can help. I have had a ceiling leak from upstairs shower/tub combo. It has damaged the ceiling in the kitchen below to the point I have had to cut ceiling and no leak. So repaired ceiling and yep leak came back. Son came home for an extended stay and shower...

Shower leak from the ceiling [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a shower leak from my ceiling flowing down into my kitchen. I know this subject was covered previously, but I think my story may or may not be a little different. Recently, my shower was and still is stopped up with standing water that slowly drains. I tried all the simple answers to...

Ceiling leak from upstairs shower [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a gasket around the chrome plate for the tub drain lever? I thought I fixed my leak by tightening the 2 screws which were loose. Now the leak is back and the screws are tight. If there is a gasket it might be bad. Any thoughts?

Leak in ceiling from upstairs shower [ 2 Answers ]

The ceiling in my downstairs bathroom leaks when the upstairs shower is used. The leak starts about five minutes after the shower has been turned on and continues after the shower is turned off. The leak is coming from two or three small holes in the wood directly beneath the upstairs shower. ...

View more questions Search