Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inwood27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Comfortable couch
    How do you choose a comfortable couch? I purchased a big soft comfy couch in the store. After 1 month everyone in my house has a backache. This couch is very soft and has deep seats. I am changing it but am not sure if there is a formula for a comfortable couch that will remain comfortable long term?
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inwood27
    How do you choose a comfortable couch? I purchased a big soft comfy couch in the store. After 1 month everyone in my house has a backache. This couch is very soft and has deep seats. I am changing it but am not sure if there is a formula for a comfortable couch that will remain comfortable long term?
    It's not about the softness it's about the frame. You can have a really comfy pad but if the frame is bad it will cause you to sit with incorrect posture causing backaches. When looking for a new couch look for the brand FLEXSTEEL . It is a great brand! The frame is made of flexible steel and the frame last's forever in fact it has a life time garuntee and if you your not happy with the softness they will take it back and fix.. Look for your local dealers. Some stores even allow you to pick the fabric custom at no extra cost. Good luck!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
    When I was much younger, I thought that the softer and cushier the couch was, the better. I now know that is not true.

One of the things that I do is that I am a handyman. Recently, I had a customer who had the same problem with a couch that you do. However, they really liked the couch and did not want to replace it. They liked it and so did their dogs!

So, what I did was to turn the couch over, removed the fabric on the bottom thus exposing the support spring mechanism.

I then created wooden supports and affixed them to the frame of the couch. Then the springs did not go down so far. But, there was still enough spring action that the couch had the springiness and softness that it needed.

The couch is now very comfortable and everyone is happy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child's show-with couch [ 6 Answers ]

I used to watch this show, on the old Disney channel, most likely... There were puppets, and they lived under a couch, but there was A real actress in it and they lived in her house. I remember one Episode where the real actress explained to the girl about thunderstorms. If anyone...

Earwigs in a couch? [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved our couch over to make room for visitors and discovered several dead earwigs in the impression from one of the legs. We've moved the couch before and not seen anything, and we haven't seen any live earwigs, but now we're wondering what to do. Is there any way to save the couch and...

Bugs in the couch [ 6 Answers ]

:o Hello, Recently I have found an infestation of bugs that I can not identify. They are living in my couch. They are brown or dark brown kind of reddish brown for some. They look like giant mites or a cross between a flea, a tick and a those spiders with huge abdomans and all...

Boss tries to make me feel more comfortable around him? [ 9 Answers ]

I have worked for this company almost five years (USA). For four years my CEO never spoke or even looked at me. Last year when he fired my boss, he hired a consultant, and he started to talk highly about me and how smart I am. Every time I meet him and if just two of us, he always talks and...

Un comfortable [ 7 Answers ]

Good dya or night to all I have a BEST friend who's getting close to a ex-boyfriend of mine which makes so uncomfortable. I would like to know what other people think of the situation they say they are just friend and hanging out together so often. Told my friend that she must be on her guide...

View more questions Search