Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texaspatriot Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 10:34 AM
    I am being sued by Citibank, law says they can freeze bank account
    Citibank has sued me, I live in Texas so the one common thing I see is they can freeze your bank account? If so, how does one pay for rent, living expenses and other bills that we need to pay every month to live on?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 11:31 AM

When you went to court, what were the conditions of the judgment?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 6, 2010, 12:19 PM

Is the suit still in process? Or has a judgment been issued? Have you tried to negotiate a settlement?

Remember, YOU borrowed this money from them. Did you not expect they would want you to pay it back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2010, 01:50 PM

First the firm is in business to make money, and they expected to be paid, so they want to know why you borrowed the money and now don't want to pay.

But how do you pay your bills, you stop using the bank.

They can only freeze your account after they get a judgement.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Sep 6, 2010, 03:55 PM

You will have to use cash for everything instead of a checking account if they get a judgement against you.but remember they will still continue to harass you with phone calls and letters until they get paid

Sep 7, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    When you went to court, what were the conditions of the judgment?
    I have not been to court yet, that is in January I am researching to see what my options are? It is not about the fact I owe them the money, it is just that I have suffered some very extreme financial issues and trying to work my way around this?

Sep 7, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Is the suit still in process? Or has a judgment been issued? have you tried to negotiate a settlement?

Remember, YOU borrowed this money from them. Did you not expect they would want you to pay it back?
    Have not been to court yet, and the thing is I do not have the money to pay them back due to severe financial setbacks, so I am looking at my options? Bankruptcy looks to be the answer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Freeze or Seizure [ 1 Answers ]

Can this happen to ones account after a foreclosure and sale of the home --- because the sale amount was less than the owed amount.

Freeze Bank Account PA [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are retired and living in PA. If a credit card company files a judgement against us, can they freeze our bank account. The only funds being deposities are social security and a government pension.

Judgement may Freeze Bank Account [ 4 Answers ]

Good Day, I would like to know if it's legal for a Law Office to purchase my credit card debt from a creditor and then sue me for an amount more than 3x the amout I owed initially. This law office has a judgement against me and have frozen my account before. I originally agreed to pay them,...

Freeze on bank account [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My bank account was frozen in feb last year due to credit card debt but about a week later I had my tax returns directly deposited into that same acct and ever since then I hava been getting a monthly statement with a balance! What happens to that money since the account was frozen already...

Can they freeze my bank account [ 2 Answers ]

One more question if I was to get A judgement. Can they freeze my bank account There nothing in it. The only money that's coms is my s.s disabilty every month?? :confused: :confused: :

View more questions Search