Email Qn
    Would like to know your views regarding the following:
    If someone forward you an email and before the forwarded content was

"
    Please followup.

Thanks and Regards,
    xxx
    "

Would you view the email as polite or impolite? On a rating of 1(impolite) to 10(polite), what is your rating?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2006, 08:30 PM
    It seems polite enough to me.

Of course who is sending it, and the content also plays a factor in it.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 16, 2006, 09:49 PM
    Its not a matter of polite or not, it's a matter of poor composition. People who don't know what business correspondence looks like often cannot compose emails without making them look like the notes we used to pass in school. LOL Whenever possible overlook their ignorance and when absolutely necessary, politely correct them about it. There are far more important things to be concerned about at work!
    mikmik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 05:53 AM
    valinors_sorrow: So you'll rate the email more as ignorance or laziness rather than impoliteness?

CaptainForest: How about if it comes from a fellow colleague whose jobscope/ability does not allow him/her to implement what was in the fwd email and has sent it to you who obviously has the ability to implement it?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Dec 17, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Some people try to write formal emails. Others are informal and are only interested in conveying information quickly and easily. Unless the email was out of character for others you have received from the same person I wouldn't read anything it.
    alyia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Hi barbie it's me natalie I love your websight so so much
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2011, 10:06 AM

Alyia, your post makes no sense.

MikMik - the email you got apparently is asking you to follow up on the content of whatever else was provided. It's not rude, just poorly done. If you're not sure how to take it, email back and ask for clarification of what you are being asked to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email [ 3 Answers ]

Sunday Morning: A user leaves a voicemail at 08:00. At 10:00 they email the Helpdesk and complain that the voicemail has not been addressed. The voicemail system will be unavailable, due to scheduled maintenance, from 08:00 - 12:00. You attempt to call the user, but they are working from home (we...

Email addresses [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway to search for an email address for people you know?

Can't email [ 2 Answers ]

I have an email address from Yahoo. I can receive emails but once I go to send one, when I'm on the page were it asks there email address and subject, but there is no box where I can write my email. It has the subject and their address but below that it has no box to write. But I asked my...

Sent Email [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can get notification that an email has been read? Thanks

View more questions Search