Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2008, 05:09 PM
    The boot
    Hey, just to clarify the question even though some people are probably going to ask anyway, I don't have one on my car nor do I know anyone who has ever had one on theirs, I live far in the country so we don't really get them nearly as much as the city folks do. Anyway, my question is, how do you get those boots off your car or truck, I watched this show today about it and I was wandering why no one on it ever tried to take it off, when the professionals did it it looked fairly simple.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2008, 05:11 PM

You just watched the professionals do it, and it even looked simple, so why are you asking us?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2008, 05:48 PM

If you are able to remove it and I imagine it takes special tools, they are going to come after you (or the owner of the vehicle). It is probably an additional violation if it is removed, not to mention reimbursement if boot is damaged during removal.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 08:03 PM

The pro has a special key that opens a cap that otherwise just spins on the nut. Unless you can open the cap you have nothing to grab with a wrench. 99% of all folks who get the boot aren't carrying tools around with them and simply must get the cops to unlock it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2008, 08:30 PM

Well actually you do have a boot. The boot of the car is the trunk in some countries. :)
    Ferghus Posts: 97, Reputation: -4

Nov 9, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Comment on KISS's post
    And the hood is called the Bonnet. Heh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't boot [ 2 Answers ]

The fans work. I found a loose memory module and smelled an electrical burning smell. CPU will not process floppies or cds. Monitor lights up but has no display.

I can't boot from CD [ 9 Answers ]

I tried booting from thecd but I cant. I wanted to do XP system repair. It doesn't give the option... I even checked on the BIOS to see if it is the first and the computer is reading the CD drive. Can you help me...

Cannot Boot [ 1 Answers ]

What's happening is that when I try to boot up, it goes into an infinate loop. It starts by showing the windows logo and begins making noise(for 10-15 seconds), then goes to an Intel logo, then shuts down and then shuts down and begins the start up again at the windows logo. What can I do to...

XP Boot [ 2 Answers ]

I can't load XP in normal mode and it only works in safe mode how. How do I correct da problem?

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

View more questions Search