Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fiona12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2005, 07:24 AM
    throwing a rubber ball
    A hard rubber ball, released at chest height, falls to the pavement and bounces back to nearly the same height. When it is in contact with the pavement, the lower side of the ball is temporarily flattened. Before this dent in the ball pops out, suppose that its maximum depth is on the order of one centimeter. Estimate the maximum acceleration of the ball. State your assumptions, the quantities you estimate, and the values you estimate for them.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Sep 17, 2005, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona12345
    A hard rubber ball, released at chest height, falls to the pavement and bounces back to nearly the same height. When it is in contact with the pavement, the lower side of the ball is temporarily flattened. Before this dent in the ball pops out, suppose that its maximum depth is on the order of one centimeter. Estimate the maximum acceleration of the ball. State your assumptions, the quantities you estimate, and the values you estimate for them.
    when it boundes back.. it is decelerating... how much it decelerating... depend on how much of its energy was convert to heat as it hit the ground

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Throwing out Boyfriend in Virginia [ 1 Answers ]

My friend who lives in Virginia wants to throw her boyfriend out of her house. The house is in her and her estranged husbands name. They've been separated for 5 years. The boyfriend doesn't work. The last time she tried to toss him out the sherrifs deputies showed up and told her he was legally a...

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search