Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Stupid Government
    Hello terrorists:

Since you now have to remain seated during the last half of your flight, blow up the plane on the FIRST half...

excon

PS> Did I mention the stupid government?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:22 AM
    I'm stocking up on Depends for that last half.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:27 AM

Hello NK:

The stupid government says there are 500,000 people on the list this terrorist was on, so how can they possibly keep track of them??

Walmart has over 500,000 items it carries in its stores, and it knows where every one of them is. You're a computer guy. It IS possible for the stupid government to KNOW when one of the 500,000 is getting on a plane...

Otherwise, why would there even BE this list?

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Walmart does it with RFIDs and barcodes. Since you have to buy tickets before boarding then show ID I assume that they run the names against the database... if you use your real name.

The bigger question is why do people want to blow up americans?
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    if you use your real name.

The bigger question is why do people want to blow up americans?
    Hello again, NK:

Or, if the stupid government spent some of its billions on facial recognition technology that Walmart uses to keep CROOKS out of their stores, they could keep terrorists OFF airplanes, even if they used a fake name.

But, they don't want to just blow us up. They love bombing their own people too. Two of 'em blew themselves up last night in Pakistan... Frankly, if it wasn't so cold up there, I think they'd want to blow you guys up too.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:44 AM

Not only will passengers have to remain seated during the final hour, they also won't be allowed to have anything in their laps, such as books or magazines... sorta like high school detention .
    By the time the rules are revised passengers will be compelled to strip down ;have a full body and cavity search ;will be issued airline supplied jump suits and will be chained to the passenger next to them with ankle bracelets.

Amazingly ;Janet Napolitano said yesterday that the security system worked. Did she mean it worked because the terrorist was able to smuggle explosives onto a plane ;ignite them ,and a courageous passenger subdued the terrorist before the bomb exploded ?
    Did it work because the bomber's father notified the US State Dept that his son was a threat and they acted accordingly ?

Are firewalls again in place to prevent intelligence to be shared inter-agency ? That worked so well pre 9-11.
    This is how they will prevent further terrorist incidents from the skys ;make it so inconvenient for the passengers that they find alternative means of travel .

Then the gvt can bail out and take over the zombie airlines.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Frankly, if it wasn't so cold up there, I think they'd wanna blow you guys up too.
    I don't think you realize the amount of american tourists that wear canadian flags on their backpacks. :)
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    passengers will be compelled to strip down ;have a full body and cavity search ;will be issued airline supplied jump suits and will be chained to the passenger next to them with ankle bracelets.
    Hello tom:

I've been ON that flight.;)

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I don't think you realize the amount of american tourists that wear canadian flags on their backpacks. :)
    Hello again, NK:

Oh, yes I am...

Certainly, you're not the target we are. But you're our neighbor, you're white, Christian & capitalistic, you invaded Afghanistan with us, and you fought along side us in Iraq.

I'm not wishing anything bad on you... But, you ain't innocent.

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:02 AM
    I know. I wish we were more innocent but we are nowhere near as arrogant or imperialistic so that makes us a less sought after target. Plus are country may have christians in it but we view religion as a private matter more so than our southern neighbours.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:05 AM

As I recall a few years ago the Canadian gvt broke up a plot to blow up the Parliament building .

Also Canada has or had such a loose refuge policy that many sleeper cells were established there .

Finally there is reports of recent activity in Canada involving Hezbollah cells to attack Jewish targets in the country .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:09 AM

As much as I love to fly to my destination, driving is sounding more and more appealing. Hey, it'll get us back to enjoying the scenery along the way and save some bucks.

Besides the stupidity of the new rules, I particularly enjoyed the stupidity of one network's coverage. We were stuck in the Great Oklahoma Blizzard of '09 so I turned on the Weather Channel. They reported that the suspect had no ties to Al Qaeda and made no such claims - even though every other network and newspaper said the opposite. Unfortunately I think they did so on purpose, they've become one of the most liberal networks in the country.

Meanwhile, pee early or as NK said, wear some Depends.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Also Canada has or had such a loose refuge policy that many sleeper cells were established there .

Finally there is reports of recent activity in Canada involving Hezbollah cells to attack Jewish targets in the country .
    Never seems to actually happen though does it? Oh there are a few incidents but not the extent that everyone here is restricted in their movements or is full of fear and hatred. I like it here and I like the people here regardless of their political or religious affiliation (most of the time we know neither since, like I said earlier we view as a personal issue).
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:18 AM

And since Canada is defunding it's military to an extent that it has impaired military preparedness to an extent that it could not effectively defend itself ;and has reduced its role since the post WWII era to one of irrelevence in International Affairs one has to wonder why anyone would care what Canada thinks.
    The good news is that Stephen Harper is trying to reverse this long decline.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:23 AM
    trying to reverse this long decline.
    Hello again, tom:

I don't think the Swiss would call the conditions you describe a "decline". The imperialists NK talks about would, though.

excon
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:23 AM
    and since Canada is defunding it's military
    No defunding, military expenses have been increasing for the past 5 years. There is no need to go overboard when you aren't declaring wars left right and centre.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:31 AM

I don't think the Swiss would call the conditions you describe a "decline".
    Yes they were willing to make accommodations with the forces of evil in Europe rather than take a stand. In that regard the Swiss were no better than the Vichy government in France ;and in fact much worse.

Is the Swiss accommodation really your solution ?
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Dec 28, 2009, 01:49 PM

The West was getting too politically correct and always worrying about offending Muslims instead of worrying about safety. This was a much needed wake up call and I hope things change.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Yeah, things changed. Napolitano changed her tune from saying “the system worked” to the system "failed miserably."

Her first comment was of course taken out of context, when she said the system worked she meant "moving forward" after the incident and is confident that the "added protective measures" will keep us safe...after implying Bush policies in place since 2006 were at fault.

I guess "added protective measures" means treating us even more like children. "Attention passengers, from this point forward you may have nothing or do nothing but assume the position."

Mark Steyn suggested flight attendants should at least lead us in some camp songs, "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands..."
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Dec 28, 2009, 03:43 PM

Mark Steyn is brilliant, I wish more people had his courage to tell the truth. Martin Amis is another one who tells it like it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How has the government government legislate morality? [ 4 Answers ]

How has the government government legislate morality?

Am I stupid? [ 3 Answers ]

I am here only because I do not want to speak to my family or friends, again. I have been living common law with this guy for about 5 years.. it has had its ups and downs. I own my own home and have been standing on my own two feet since I was 18. About two years ago I caught him on an internet...

Being stupid [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I was recently charged for theft way under 5000 dollars, I am so scared of going to jail because I have kids. I am only 23 and this is my first ever offence. I also live in nova scotia. If that helps any. The person from the store didn't charge me at all, but the cop said that I was being...

Stupid, Stupid Me. [ 13 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex with someone I knew for a day. I am usually very good about these things but things just got out of control. She went back to the states and I haven't talked to her since nor do I have a way to. I pulled out before I finished but then we continued after that. My question...

View more questions Search