Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ButterfliezWing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 07:20 PM
    80's... maybe EARLY 90's movie...
    Okay, I'm looking for a movie that I remember back when I was little. I want to say it's an 80's movie. It was around the time The Last Unicorn came out. I think I remember seeing a preview for Kiko's Mail Service on the tape. Anyway its about a little girl who like goes to a place in the clouds. I think it's about dreams and sleep. I know I'm not much help... I wish I could remember more. She has to like save something. Like the whole land in the clouds depends on her saving it. I believe it's a type of anime too. PLEASE help me. I want to say the name begins with N but I'm not for sure. I know it's a different type of name. Anyway PLEASE help me.

THANK YOU,
    Justina
    zytin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2006, 12:53 AM
    Land of the Dolls?
    zytin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2006, 12:54 AM
    Or maybe I'm thinking of return to the vally of the dolls, which isn't quite a kids movie... ehem... No, that's not it. There is this one movie where this girl dreams and she goes off to some sort of playland place, and has to save it (Not wizard of oz, but same sort of deal).
    thelittlelemur Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 08:13 PM
    Is it rainbow brite? That is a cloud land
    kty102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2007, 09:34 AM
    I think I know this one. I had a movie like this called Little Nemo: adventures in Slumberland, but it was a boy not a girl. But I think It might be what your talking about. He flies in a bed and goes up and saves slumberland.
    rohitvip Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Yes! I get it... it's a very rare movie it is My little Pony - Firefly adventure (escape from the midnight castle) it was aired around 1983... Since after the last unicorn movie... The story goes like this above the rainbow the beautiful magical place called ponyland, where colorful ponies lived and played, there were unicorns,pegasus,normal ponies... When suddenly a dragon like creatures invaded and tried to capture the little ponies and take them as hostage in midnight castle under the dark ruler a centaur like creature... So the rest ponies were safe in their dream castle but firefly pegasus pony flies down to earth to bring a human girl named megan... Megan was surprised to see a talking pony in her life! And rode along with firefly high into the clouds and landed on ponyland...
    Actually you can buy the video or see it on youtube.com this video you'll know how it looks like that time... My little pony animations were beautiful and I heartly love them...
    AghAman2323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Is it rainbow brite and the star stealer?
    Todays Special Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Castle in the Sky by Myazaki who also did Kiki's Delivery Service

It is also called Laputa and Tenkû no shiro Rapyuta
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jul 27, 2007, 04:35 PM
    This is the movie "Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland" (1989) the Character you are thinking of is not a girl but a little boy named Nemo.
    And yes there is a preview for "Kiki's Delivery Service" on the tape.

A better description is provided in this link
    mah09083887 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
    I was looking for that same film as well I just can't remember the name of the film (but it was a great film)
    I need help finding this film as well?
    mah09083887 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
    Comment on stardust713's post
    I was looking for that same film as well I just can't remember the name of the film (but it was a great film)
    I need help finding this film as well?
    QUE_SAGE Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Someone said it already Laputa: Castle in the Sky!! Another Miyazaki film

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title! [ 5 Answers ]

I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this... I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the...

This is a tough one... 80's - early 90's TV show/movie [ 9 Answers ]

OK I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villain hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all...

Help! Another children's 80's or early 90's movie [ 6 Answers ]

All I remember from this movie is that this girl used to go through the closet in her bedroom to another land. I can't remember what she had to do there, but there was an evil lady that ate cherries out of an enclosed glass case to stay youthful. Towards the end the case got knocked over and the...

Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think [ 11 Answers ]

There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she...

View more questions Search