Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2019, 03:37 AM
    Trump Taking Taxpayer Money for His Own Use
    On Air Force flights from the US to Kuwait delivering supplies, a C17 was required to stop at an airport located near a Trump golf course in Scotland. There the flight purchased 1,000 gallons of aviation fuel at a price much higher than available at a US Air Force base. The crew was put up at Trump's hotel paying the Trump Organization commercial rates for lodging. Normally the crew stays at a military barracks when stopovers are required.

The usual stopover bases are US Air Force stations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy.

This Trump golf course is outside of Glasgow and has been losing money for a few years. So Trump diverted the flights to gain revenue for his failing business charging the costs to the American taxpayer.

Apparently, these supply flights are common and are a way for Trump to use his office for personal profit. These emoluments are illegal, immoral, and unconstitutional. Politico broke the story.

It will be difficult to refer this to the Attorney General since the AG is himself a grifter. He's spending $35,000+ to have a Christmas party for the staff at the Trump Hotel. (And keep Trump happy so AG Barr doesn't get fired like his predecessors).
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2019, 06:12 AM
    Athos: This isn't going anywhere. Trump doesn't ever accept a salary as POTUS. He is decoupled from his businesses since taking office. There is nothing here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 08:16 AM
    Diverting a military flight to a podunk airport is NOTHING? Charging top dollar to refuel and give accomodations to the crew is NOTHING? Yeah a guy who scams consumers and contractors funneling money to his businesses is NOTHING! If it's NOTHING why was it done in secrecy, and the Pentagon is stalling the appriations documents from the congress that requests it?

Sep 7, 2019, 08:44 AM
    Talaniman: Just telling you: This isn't going to bring down Trump.....keep looking, this is a waste of time!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Athos: This isn't going anywhere. Trump doesn't ever accept a salary as POTUS. He is decoupled from his businesses since taking office. There is nothing here.
    Decoupled for now maybe, but not after 2020. The profit will be on the books and back in his pocket.
    Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 09:37 AM
    Talaniman: Just telling you: This isn't going to bring down Trump.....keep looking, this is a waste of time!
    My dime, my time, REMEMBER, trust but verify, so we do need to verify where OUR money goes and WHY, and by whose authority. If you don't want to know then that's cool with me.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2019, 10:44 AM
    I'm waiting fort more details than a Politico story . IF the story is true ,then it is an abuse of power.

He only partly "decoupled " . His interest is in a trust fund that he can tap into any time he wants to do so.

One obvious question .. the article says that Trump's Turnberry resort lost $4. million in 2017 but in 2018 revenue went up $3million. How could a couple of stay overs by Air National Guard crews make any difference to that bottom line ?
    Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 11:03 AM
    Raise the rent, and the price of fuel, you got a profit. Real estate capitalism 101. Hey he did that at his other properties when he won. I heard a flight crew member blew the whistle, but haven't verified that part, but I think this has been going on for a couple of years since 2017.

Military aid to the Ukraine that's being held up has a shelf life that expires on the 30th of this month. Wonder what the hold up is? Is Rudy involved? 8D

Sep 7, 2019, 12:09 PM
    Wondergirl: After 2024! Have you seen the Democrat lineup? I will say this politely: No winners there....you have Beto the U.S. version of Macron....and the Gaffamatic Biden: all will lose....and I think everyone knows it: Trump will eat one or all of them alive.

Talaniman: I care....its just that none of it will matter come election time.....And, have you ever been to Ireland: The beds are too small and suck! I bet the Trump Hotel was the best hotel around...can not blame them for wanting the best!

Sep 7, 2019, 12:15 PM
    Talaniman: Do you like chasing things down rabbit holes? That's what this is.....its going NOWHERE, believe me....And, if you are depending upon the Human Penguin, Nadler, to get anything accomplished, you will pushing up daisies long before that ever happens: Nadler is dumb as a box of rocks! Democrats needs to go chase something else and STORMY isn't going to get it either.....Its not looking good for Democrats come 2020.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 12:48 PM
    Wondergirl: After 2024! Have you seen the Democrat lineup? I will say this politely: No winners there....you have Beto the U.S. version of Macron....and the Gaffamatic Biden: all will lose....and I think everyone knows it: Trump will eat one or all of them alive.
    My Republican primary vote goes to Bill Weld.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2019, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My Republican primary vote goes to Bill Weld.
    According to today's news, Trump is pushing to eliminate Republican primaries. He's won in 4 states so far with more on the edge. Trump doesn't like voices other than his own. One of the marks of a dictator.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2019, 01:25 PM
    Here's more with Trump and his money - He's deliberately withholding military aid from Ukraine to extort them into intervening into the 2020 election by opening an investigation into Joe Biden. Washington Post.
    Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 02:06 PM
    Talaniman: Do you like chasing things down rabbit holes? That's what this is.....its going NOWHERE, believe me....And, if you are depending upon the Human Penguin, Nadler, to get anything accomplished, you will pushing up daisies long before that ever happens: Nadler is dumb as a box of rocks! Democrats needs to go chase something else and STORMY isn't going to get it either.....Its not looking good for Democrats come 2020.
    We'll see. It didn't look good for the dufus in 2016 either, but here we are. 3 more dems in the senate would still be a game changer. More likely if more repubs retire and many of the rats are abandoning ship.

According to today's news, Trump is pushing to eliminate Republican primaries. He's won in 4 states so far with more on the edge. Trump doesn't like voices other than his own. One of the marks of a dictator.

He has taken over the repub party, and that may not be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Here's more with Trump and his money - He's deliberately withholding military aid from Ukraine to extort them into intervening into the 2020 election by opening an investigation into Joe Biden. Washington Post.

Par for the course for someone who welcomed Russian help and how grateful he's been to them.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2019, 04:40 PM
    Raise the rent and the price of fuel, you got a profit. Real estate capitalism 101.
    any proof ? I know that according to Politico we pay more for fuel when landing at Prestwick Airport which may or may not be helping the airport above water . And that indirectly helps Trump's
    Turnberry resort .

But again ,how could a couple of stay overs by ANG crews help turn the place profitable ? Why would raising rents help a business that can't attract customers and is losing money ? Your economics fails there . To attract more customers rents should be reduced . AND you have zero proof of that claim . I searched on and off all day . All I see is articles referring to the original Politico reporting .

there is this from the Air Force ….
    Following publication of this story, the Air Force said in a statement Saturday that the C-17 stopover was “not unusual” but acknowledged the service is still investigating the Air Force operations and spending in Scotland.
    “Every two and half minutes an Air Force transport aircraft takes off or lands somewhere around the globe. As our aircrews serve on these international airlift missions, they follow strict guidelines on contracting for hotel accommodations and all expenditures of taxpayer dollars,” Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas said in the statement. “In this case, they made reservations through the Defense Travel System and used the closest available and least expensive accommodations to the airfield within the crews’ allowable hotel rates. While we are still reviewing the trip records, we have found nothing that falls outside the guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations for crew rest.”
    The Air Force confirmed that seven crew members stayed at Turnberry en route to Kuwait, but said “it did not appear” that they stayed at the hotel on the way back. There are more than two dozen hotels in and around Prestwick, but the Air Force said Trump Turnberry was the cheapest option available at the time and below the per diem allowance. POLITICO could not independently verify the room rates cited by the Air Force.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...etreat-1484337
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2019, 04:49 PM
    I'm a little leery that there are more than two dozen hotels near Prestwick that are cheaper than Trump Turnberry, but I'll wait and see what Politico turns up.

Sep 7, 2019, 07:58 PM
    Athos: POLITICO is not the last word on anything! They are a leftist outfit bent of fulfilling a narrative: Highly biased.

Trump is no dictator, and you know it: Even if you weren't sure, you could test that he isn't by your capacity to still speak slanderous (as in unfounded) things about him and continue to do so for month after month and year after year.....A dictator would have stopped you....therefore, DICTATOR TEST FOR TRUMP: NEGATIVE!
    Expert

Sep 8, 2019, 11:54 AM
    He looks like a wannabe dictator to me in the same mold as his ruler girlfriends and sweethearts across the world. Same tactic, surround yourself with supporters, loyalists and sycophants. Repubs may never recover from this political take over. Geez Vac7 Do you have to cheerlead for the dufus all the time?

Sep 8, 2019, 07:12 PM
    Talaniman: I don't cheerlead for him ALL THE TIME, only when I see I think there are other avenues about his policies that others may be missing or if I think he has been wrongly labeled......He is the President: You don't have to like him but you must RESPECT THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT. There is a certain decorum that we should honor when talking about The POTUS.

And, of course, I do have a sense of fair-play: When I see everyone jumping on The POTUS, I tend to want to defend him.....I just don't like the ganging-up on anyone....it evokes a reaction in me.

Obama wasn't my favorite POTUS but on a particular business trip I took overseas, while he was in office, I do remember becoming quite pissed-off when I heard foreign elements making fun of him and asking me why we elected him....Its one thing for my own ilk to say derogatory things about a POTUS but it is quite another for someone "outside the family" to do it.

We can squabble about what Trump is or isn't but I think we all want him to succeed: Does anyone think we, as a nation, can afford failure right now? The situation is tenuous here and abroad......For the U.S.: Failure is not an option.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2019, 07:34 PM
    We can squabble about what Trump is or isn't but I think we all want him to succeed: Does anyone think we, as a nation, can afford failure right now? The situation is tenuous here and abroad......For the U.S.: Failure is not an option.
    We wanted him, the business professional who wasn't the typical politician, to succeed, starting in January 2017 when he was sworn in. We're still waiting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump is making noise about taking Iraq's oil again... [ 22 Answers ]

Hello: Since he's NOW president, the Iraqi's BELIEVE him. Why wouldn't they?? Did he put our troops in danger? Our soldiers are fighting ISIS right alongside Iraqi forces.. If those forces get an inkling that the soldiers they're fighting WITH, are gonna TAKE their oil, how long will...

View more questions Search