Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang102863 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Final cleaning new construction
    I am doing a job now and was called to do final clean, when we get there , supplies are still all over the place, I thought final clean was just that final clean, so we cleaned the best we could but am sure we will get called back to redo for no extra money.. this can't be right.. any advise on what to tell the builder when I speak with him.
    :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 01:23 AM
    Did you do this final cleaning after all of the construction was completed? Do you have anything in writing that specifies what, how and when things were to be cleaned?
    ang102863 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Did you do this final cleaning after all of the construction was completed? Do you have anything in writing that specifies what, how and when things were to be cleaned?
    This was a verbal agreement and we cleaned what he said but what confused me is everyone says a final clean is just that a final clean and with everything that was left in the house once the other contractors get through it will need it again, and I don't want to do work that I am not going to get paid for..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 03:17 AM
    Hello Angie,

I don't think that anyone who is hiring you to do something would expect you to do any extra for nothing. Why do you think that it is going to happen in this case? As you say, you "cleaned what he said."
    DCinDallas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 01:23 PM
    The first rule of thumb in business is, get it in writing. Otherwise, you can end up in this type of situation which you would most likely loose in court. I've been there myself.
    I hope you get this resolved. Please let me know the outcome.

DC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FINAL FANTASY book? Similar to final fantasy? [ 5 Answers ]

Im a big fan of FINAL FANTASY games and there are no final fantasy books/novels. Does anybody know any other books that are similar to final fantasy stories??

New construction cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am starting a new construction cleaning business and would like to know if anyone could give me the correct steps to giving a bid, what is included in the rough clean and the final clean.. :)

Final fantasy 8 and final fantasy x on ps2 [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone played these two games as I was wondering if they are worth buying

View more questions Search