Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DavidCarter38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Blower not working when heat (thermostat) is set, but blower comes on when on Auto.
    When I set the thermostat for the heat the blower does not come on. When I turn the fan on Auto the blower comes on. What's my problem?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
    Would this be a new tstat install?
    Not fully understanding what the prob. Is,, the fan normally should be set to auto. Is the furnace working as it should when in auto?
    It might also help if you could tell us what kind of furnace you have,, electric,, gas, oil, boiler
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 18, 2012, 08:45 PM
    I think part of your problem is you don't really know what on, auto, heat settings should be doing in correlation to your heating unit, or you don't know how to explain what your problem actually is. Oh well, not my problem, but glad to help you with your problem if you can give much more info about,, well, your problem. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower not starting when in "AUTO" for HEAT... working fine for A/C [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have an approx 20 yr old lennox gas heated furnace. I changed the thermostat about 2 weeks ago and now the fan isn't turning ON when the thermostat is in AUTO and HEAT mode. It is working fine in AUTO and COOL. I switched back to the old thermostat and found out that nothing was working...

Nordyne blower motor will not start with a call to heat when set on auto. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a nordyne eletric furnace , my blower motor will not start when set on auto with a call to heat. The elements will heat up but the motor will make humming sound and will start if I push wheel with my hand.I have checked the motor it is fine .

Blower won't come on in auto with heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have changed the really for the blower and still blower won't come on in auto. Does anyone know what else could be wrong and where I can get a wiring diagram for this unit?

Blower won't come on in auto mode. Heat only [ 2 Answers ]

Carrier 48SB-030080301 1990 model nat gas. On a/c mode works fine. Heat- burner lites but blower will not come on at all unless on manual. I changed the J2 jumper on thermostat from hg to he to see if I could get by for a while and its been working for about a month now. Other than blast of cool...

AC , Furnace, and Blower not turning on w/ thermostat set to Auto or On. [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my issue. I cannot turn on either my AC, Furnace, or Blower from the thermostat. However, I can turn on the blower by manually pressing a 'Manual On' button inside the furnace. - AC is powered and was working a couple days ago. - Furnace was also working a couple days ago. - Found...

View more questions Search