Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frida Peaches Owner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Dog bathing and rabies
    My husband believes that bathing a dog in the early morning or when the sun is less or gone down a dog will not get rabies. If you bathe a dog in the afternoon or when there is a lot of sun, a dog will get rabies. I want to know if this is true or an old Mexican Superstition? In a way I don't want to bathe my new dog for fear that he could be right.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Dogs contract rabies ONLY from another animal that HAS rabies. They get it from being scratched or bitten by that rabid animal. I have never heard of such baloney about rabies. Bathe your puppy any time of the day or night that you wish.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 07:31 PM
    That is... definitely a superstitious belief that heavily undermines the anatomy of the virus and the method of viral infections. twinkiedooter's right.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:23 AM
    While there are good reasons not to bathe a dog any time of day, rabies isn't one of them.

Feed a decent chow and as little else as possible, seldom if ever bathe the dog, and brush it daily with a soft bristled brush. If it still has dry skin, you might add a teaspoon a day of liquid cooking oil to its food. If the dogs still has an odor problem, see the vet. If bathing it fails to eliminate the odor, it could be infected ears.

The best way to control fleas is one of the modern remedies, Advantage, Frontline, Bio Spot, Revolution, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing a beagle [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to try to bath our beagle, no problem. I have been told that his anal glands must be empty. How do I empty them?

Rabies shots [ 3 Answers ]

Is it OK to get a dog that might be pregenet a rabies shot

Rabies [ 7 Answers ]

My dog has an auto immune disorder my vet has suggested no more vaccinations except for rabies. Her disorder is very rare and I am worried if we get the rabie shot that her health will be at jeopardy. She is 5 years old and has been vaccinated until she was 3. Is the rabie shot mandatory I live in...

Can a dog get rabies when he has his shots [ 3 Answers ]

My dog got into a tussle with a possom. We think he got bit but he has his rabies shots. Is it possible he can get rabies from this? Thank you for your time.

Rabies? Kujo? [ 2 Answers ]

I was at my uncle ans aunts farm, and they have a st.bernard. He's very nice and friendly... most of the time, but the last time I was out, me and my mom were sitting in the shade with the dog. And petting him, and he went haywire, and bit me and my mom, and a 200 pound dog biting you doesn't leave...

View more questions Search