Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marburg Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2006, 03:18 PM
    MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed
    Hi,

I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will sometimes pop open.

Neither the freezer or the refrigerator are overly full--both are almost empty.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks
    F Burgett
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Maybe the magnet seal needs replaced or try cleaning the seal and the surface it mates up against
    marburg Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Thank you esquire1. I had cleaned the seals before but didn't clean the side it mates up to. So, I went back and re-cleaned the seals and made sure that I did the same to the surface. As of right now, it appears to be working.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of the freezer panel (Maytag refrigerator) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator MTB1504ARW. Could anyone be so kind to explain me how I can remove the sheet metal panel inside of the freezer section to check the coils for ice buildup? I have tried this but the panel doesn't come off easily so I am worried not to brake something. Cheers!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Freezer door won't close flush on side-by-side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side freezer/fridge. The storage shelves on the freezer door "hit" the mullion wall when closing and the door won't seal, at the top, once shut. How can I adjust the door to get it to seal, even if I can't stop the storage bin from hitting while shutting?:

Garage door opens only a few inches [ 4 Answers ]

My rolling panel garage door only opens about 6 inches and then stops - does not go back down, just stops. I tried to spray the rollers w/WD 40 and see that that's not the thing to do... but now I'm stuck not being able to get in. There is nothing in the way of the sensors - although I do believe...

View more questions Search