Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PrettyNpink70351 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Moving to England.
    I am interested in moving to england from the US in the next year or two.
    How would I go about doing so?
    How would I be able to become a citizen?
    Are there certain things I would need?
    Thanks in advance,
    Kara
    MARK M Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Nov 17, 2006, 08:31 AM
    I think you can stay here for 6 months without a visa so you have a bit of time I think to stay here longer your best bet would be to find a job that should help your chances of staying and I think you have to live here for a number of years to become a uk national either that or marry a brit!! Personally id stay in the usa I love your country I wish we could swap!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2006, 08:49 AM
    This may help:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/RightsAndRe...894&chk=sqQhAW
    asafseo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 04:56 AM
    You can find lots of information on this site:

Moving To England
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Why do you want to come to england for? Too many people here already!! We have a serious problem with immagration here. Our politicians certainly don't know how to manage it, it's a flippin disgrace. But as your from the U.S. and not Eastern Europe or the middle east Ill let you off..
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
    You really do not want to move here you have a far better quality of life other there than here. Education is poor weather is awful hospitals bad. Your country could offer far more than the uk ever could stay were you are.
    As for the requirements the amount of illegal immigrants that come in every day is beyond belief.
    movingguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Hi

Go there for few years. Have fun and enjoy the ride.
    Worst thing you can come back.

If you have any children it can be a problem……you will need to find all the details including education and working permissions.

You can read more about international moving at gateways site

Good luck

Movingguy
    eitanya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 01:02 AM
    It's a wonderful country. England, I mean. So comfortable and couzy. Still moving to England is not an easy task. Tips about moving to England could save you a lot of headache knowing most of the time what you should do next.
    You can find Great tips and information at the : Moving to England guide within our website.
    sixknuckles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 11:22 PM
    HA! You guys think illegal immigration is bad in England, at least you're an island, we're attached to Mexico
    sixknuckles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 11:23 PM

England does seem pretty good though. You guys have Top Gear!
    signingupsucks1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 08:15 AM
    AMEN! Top Gear is the best show on TV! My wife and I watch a LOT of TV on BBC America. MUCH better than a lot of the crap churned out here in the colonies.
    qman383 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 05:01 PM

I love England, was there back in 03, my wife is from there and we are planning our move there next year. It can be complicated moving there. There are new laws regarding immigration. They have a tier system in place for those who are have a job that is in demand, you can live there if you are married to a Brit on a spouse visa, if you are engaged to a citzen you can apply for a fiancée visa. If you have no family there and just want to go over to live, you might have a problem moving there. Its not perfect over here in the states either. I have lived in both places and can't wait to move out of the states. Its tough to make it here as well and our government has ruined a great country. My wife has been here 10 years now and can't stand it any longer.
    qman383 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 05:04 PM

Try a site like brits in the us or sites like that , they are very informative and give information in great detail.
    bellabflykiss22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 02:34 PM

My boyfriend is from Hull, England. Was moved to the states with his family when he was 10. I've always had a passion for other countries. And it might be that I just hate the part of the US that I live in. But to be honest I don't like the US. School systems suck. I live in Southern California and it is really bad here. Immegration problems, school problems, heat. I went during the holiday season of '09 and absolutely loved it. Spent time in London. Anyway, we are far from moving to England. Saving money, school, jobs, oh and to top it all off. We need to get married. Either way it seems that I need a fiancé or spouse visa, and it sounds like he has to live there or be settled before I move there. I'm looking for as much info as I can. But no one site gives all the answers.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2010, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bellabflykiss22 View Post
    my boyfriend is from Hull, England. Was moved to the states with his family when he was 10. I've always had a passion for other countries. And it might be that I just hate the part of the US that I live in. But to be honest I don't like the US. School systems suck. I live in Southern California and it is really bad here. Immegration problems, school problems, heat. I went during the holiday season of '09 and absolutly loved it. Spent time in London. Anyways, we are far from moving to England. Saving money, school, jobs, oh and to top it all off. We need to get married. Either way it seems that I need a fiance or spouse visa, and it sounds like he has to live there or be settled before I move there. I'm looking for as much info as I can. But no one site gives all the answers.
    I have to say, I can understand not being thrilled with Blythe, California... ;) Do keep in mind, visiting England and living in England are very different. Here is a wonderful site, with very helpful people. You will find everything you and your boyfriend need in regard to considering a move to the UK.

American Expats In The UK - bringing the American community together around the UK
    Stokedforya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 09:06 PM
    Hahahah back off from mexico lmao I was born there ;d... I wish I could move to england , their accent is just absolutely magnificent... not to mention their woman... their culture , their medieval architecture... wow one day I will visit that wonderful land...
    nothappyusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Are you people really from UK? Do you know what its like in USA? If you are homeless here, you work your tail off and stay on the streets so you can get housing in a place full of roaches and pee. WAKE UP. If there was ANY way I could leave USA for there I would.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

England before 1066 [ 4 Answers ]

William said that edward... to make him his heir(ie to be the next king) It's a crossword answer 8 letters .r.. I.. d And Much of the early history of england was written by monks, the name we give to such people is a... 10 letters... n... Thanks

Tunisian rights in England [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently employing a Tunisian man who is married to a English woman. They have been married for approximately one year and are currently going through marital problems. If they were to separate/divorce how does he legally stand to stay in England and is their anything he can do to remain in...

History of England before 1066 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ! I understand much of early history of England was written by monks; what name was given to such people? Can someone help me please ! Thanks a million!

Travel To England [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I want to go to England to go to college and work for a while. We both live in Anguilla and have a British European Passport. We have never been to England. We would like to know if the government can help us find a flat and give us financial aid for college and would like to pay...

View more questions Search