Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usmckilzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Military wedding
    I am in the Marine Corps. My wedding is planned for after I get out. Can I still have a military wedding after getting out?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 11:38 PM
    I would think that you can. What makes it a military wedding is not so much that you are still serving in the military but the style and customs of the wedding.

I am assuming, although maybe incorrectly, that your wedding is going to be religious in nature.

You could have a military chaplain. You also should still be able to use a military chapel, if you like. Also, invite all of your buds who would still be, or not be serving in the military as members of your wedding party.

Being in the Marine Corps, what about making use of the swords that Marines get? I don't know that there are any rules in the Marine Corps against them being used in a wedding ceremony. But, I may be incorrect about that. Would be neat to use them, though. How you design your wedding ceremony is up to you.

The only possible barriers or constraints as to how you design your wedding is if it is performed within one certain denominational approval, such as maybe the Catholic Church. Then, there may be certain rites which would need too be adhered to in order to validate the marriage as being approved by the Catholic Church.

I hope and pray that your wedding is a great event!
    jkramer Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Yes you can have a military wedding after you are out... I don't see why it would be a problem... Oorah!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christians in the Military [ 13 Answers ]

My husband and I are both in the Army and have had issues with other soldiers (who are athiests) confused about how we can "kill" but not "murder" when speaking of war. For the record, we've done neither. We are both Christians and believe in the cause of this war, but the non-believers argue...

Military abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

I am a military wife and mother of 5,4of my children being with my husband. We separated in may when he left he took everything money and transportation. I need to know where to start for help because every place I've tried isn't helping us. And now the system says that because he is leaving 1 day...

Military wedding [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know do u have to use red, white and blue for you wedding colores? That's just not me. :eek:

Military wedding [ 9 Answers ]

I'm not engaged yet, I'm getting the ring on his next leave ( one month).. but however he wants to get married with in like 3-4 months, where as I wanted to get married in about 9-12.. how ever that is changing.. I'd marry him tomorrow if I could. I want a simple wedding, I don't need anything...

View more questions Search