Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Pregnancy Question
    When a lady first becomes pregnant. A month goes by. Is it normal to feel a stretching sensation on the lower left side of the abdomenom?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 2, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Joe, women who are pregnant will experience stretching of the skin or tingling or itchy sensation. They may feel a stretching sensation or pain in your lower abdomen. It is usually on one side or the other, and is caused by the stretching of the ligaments and muscles that support the uterus. Usually this occurs between 18 and 24 weeks. It may help if women change positions when they feel any discomfort.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Can this happen in the early months like, month 1 and month 2?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2006, 12:21 PM
    I felt a weird sensation myself, and a bit of pain, about 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant. I would have been about 7 weeks pregnant at that time, so just under 2 months. I didn't notice anything before that, but every woman is different.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 4, 2006, 02:06 AM
    It's common for women who are 1 to 2 months pregnant to experience a stretching sensation. When your pregnant, the body goes through changes, and the uterus will stretch and prepare itself for the baby.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2006, 02:56 AM
    Thank you for all of your answers.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 5, 2006, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Thank you for all of your answers.
    You are welcome dear, but remember, none of the answers here should take the place of a doctor's visit, preferably with a list of your history, and all the questions that pop up on your mind. You need the continued observation, reassurance and support.

Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Feb 5, 2006, 10:17 PM
    I felt ligament pain with my oldest daughter before I even knew I was pregnant. If your wife is feeling this then my advice would be to get on prenatal pills and wait till a missed period. I would say then to go to the dr because of the past circumstances for worry and concern. Keep us posted.
    Steve23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 03:48 PM
    I want to get pregnancy but am on Depo-Provera I really do want have a baby to start a family how can go about doing that?
    RedsMom97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've been reading up on implatation bleeding but I just seem to be getting different views. I have PCOS.(polycystic ovarian syndrome) So my periods are very irregular. I had my first period in months last month-Jan 18. I went 7 days. Then about a week later I was spotting for the first day then when I wiped the next day it was red-like a regular period-with a quarter to half-dollar size clot.( sorry so graphic) So I thought I had just started my period again because I have had them back to back like that before. Then the next day I was just spotting light pink then nothing. I waited until today to take a hpt, it was negative. I'm going to try another hpt later. Could the clot have been implatation bleeding or a miscarriage. I had no pain or anything that I have heard is associated with a miscarriage, and I am reluctant to call it a miscarriage but for lack of a better word I have to call it that. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 10 yrs. I have never had this happen before so any advice would be wonderful. I am definitely going to make an app. With my OBGYN tomorrow, but would still like your input. Thank you.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Feb 10, 2006, 05:52 PM
    Ladies also know that I could be that when you get pregnant sometimes the egg that the baby has developed from causes a small cyst... I had one with my first child... its normal and will go away but it is felt in early pregnancy... it will cause a pain usually on just one side of the body... it will hurt but it will go away as the pregnancy progresses
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 11, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsMom97
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've been reading up on implatation bleeding but I just seem to be getting different views. I have PCOS.(polycystic ovarian syndrome) So my periods are very irregular. I had my first period in months last month-Jan 18. I went 7 days. then about a week later i was spotting for the first day then when I wiped the next day it was red-like a regular period-with a quarter to half-dollar size clot.( sorry so graphic) So i thought i had just started my period again b/c I have had them back to back like that before. Then the next day I was just spotting light pink then nothing. I waited until today to take a hpt, it was neg. I'm going to try another hpt later. Could the clot have been implatation bleeding or a miscarriage. I had no pain or anything that I have heard is associated with a miscarriage, and I am reluctant to call it a miscarriage but for lack of a better word I have to call it that. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 10 yrs. I have never had this happen before so any advice would be wonderful. I am definitely going to make an app. with my OBGYN tomorrow, but would still like your input. Thank you.
    Hi. Welcome to the forum.
    First and foremost, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    You need to take care of your body since it's the only one you've got.

Second, Take a EPT or HPT, even though they might be negative does not mean your not. But the doctor would still be the best bet!

Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102
    Scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise,
    Dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html

www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 11, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve23
    i want to get pregnancy but am on Depo-Provera i really do want have a baby to start a family how can go about doing that?
    Dear, if you are serious about getting pregnant, then the doctor is the first place you should go to to achieve this goal. He/she can give you a good check up and help you plan on reaching it. Online advice can only give you so much from those of us who have had experience, but in the end, it's the doctor and you who have to work at getting what you want - of course the potential father too.

So, make that appointment for both of you and go from there.

Wishing you lots of luck!

RedsMom97 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Thank You.. I'm going to take another test after Feb. 15 if I haven't started and if it's negative. Then I'll make an app. To see my doctor.. Again.. Thank you for all your advice and I will keep you posted.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsMom97
    Thank You..I'm going to take another test after Feb. 15 if I haven't started and if it's neg. then i'll make an app. to see my doctor.. Again..Thank you for all your advice and I will keep you posted.
    That's what we are here for, but please remember that there is no technology today yet that lets us make online diagnoses, so you still need to see the doctors - even if your test in the future is positive, you need the reassurance that there are no other potential dangers to you or the baby. Let us know what your test revealed and we will help you further by leading you to some nice sites to visit while at home too.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve23
    i want to get pregnancy but am on Depo-Provera i really do want have a baby to start a family how can go about doing that?
    Hey steve23. Sometimes people are lucky and get pregnant right away. Depednign on how long you have been on it though, its hard to say. I was only on it for 6 months, and have now been trying to conceive for 10 months after being off depo for 13 months. I would not suggest depo to people who wish to conceive within a few years. ITs hard stuff, and effects each person differntly. Not good stuff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been told recently that bloodtype has to do with falling pregnant, you have to have possitiive and a negative? Is this true? My partner and I are both negative, does that mean we can never have a baby? I look forward to hearing from you. Regards sglen

Another pregnancy question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have to ask this question cause it's been on my mind quite some time and driving me mad. I have all the symptoms now, that I had in my pregnancy 8 months ago. Now I feel I am nearing delivery. I can even feel movement in my belly (doesn't feel like gas). But I've had...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possibe to become pregnant by performing in oral sex?

View more questions Search