Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnshine321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2003, 01:28 PM
    Passenger Ship Records from the 1800s
    Hello! I'm hoping there is someone out there that can help or at least point me in the right direction. My great, great grandfather came to the Americas from France and I would like to know if there is a way to research the old ship logs. I know many companies kept their ancient logs ;) and this might help me find out just where exactly he was from.
    If there are no logs or companies to contact, does a list or site exist where I can research ships that sank in the 1800s? Coming back from a trip back to Europe (could be Spain or France), the ship was lost and my GG grandfather died, leaving GG grandmother a widow in Mexico.

HELP!
    Sunny
    CamelliaQueen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2004, 12:58 PM
    Passenger Ship Records from the 1800s
    Cyndi's List is always a good place to start.

http://www.cyndislist.com/ships.htm
    Rosalyn42_1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:45 PM
    I want to know names of those passengers that died on the Old England Ship that left LeHavre, France and arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana April 5, 1852. I am interested in all passengers with the name of Klotz.
    Rosalyn42_1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:54 PM
    What members of the Klotz family that were on the Old England to arrive in New Orleans April 5, 1852 died on board and were buried at sea?
    GeneGenie2 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 9, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Here is my favorite passenger list site:
    Immigrant Ships Passenger Lists: Find ancestors, learn ancestral history, start your family tree

It's not the most user friendly site out there but there are hundreds of immigrant ship passenger lists transcribed there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

Cruise Ship Job [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.

Injured passenger needs advice! [ 6 Answers ]

I was involved in an auto accident. I had a passenger in my car. My passenger was injured and still requires surgery. He does not have the money for the surgery nor do I. Neither I or the other driver were issued any tickets saying the accident was either of our faults. I know that the other...

Orka following a ship? [ 2 Answers ]

Why could a Killer Whale follow a ship? A friend of mine told me a story about an orca, following his ship for 16 days during the course through Atlantic up to Gibraltar, where it turned back... Only following, like playing, singing for all these nights, a "song" that was more like a baby...

View more questions Search