Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Apr 1, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Precast Concrete Steps
    Are preformed concrete steps created with a rebar frame? I need to get into the cavity and wanted to know if it's best to cut a whole through the side or dig under it.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 1, 2009, 01:07 PM

Yes, there should be rebar in there. What exaclty are you trying to do when you say "get into the cavity".

Apr 1, 2009, 01:26 PM

My wedding ring slipped down the gap between the fountain and the steps.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 1, 2009, 02:25 PM

Ahh, now I understand. How wide is the gap? I'm thinking you should try something else to get your ring out, if you start digging or moving stuff they may not go back into place and it could end up costing quite a bit to fix. Can you post a picture so we can see what is going on there, maybe there is a way? How about a thin magnet attached to a stick, maybe you could feed it down there and get the ring?

Apr 1, 2009, 05:39 PM

It's at my rental property so I don't have a picture available. I tried to fish it out, but no luck. The gap is less than 1/4". The other problem is that gold is not magnetic. Thanks for the advice.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 08:58 PM

Hi Greg
    If u decide to dig under stairs, u may have to run the dirt through a screen. Chances are u will pick up ring and not see it in the dirt u remove.
    Wish u lots of luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete steps [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of concrete is best for patching exterior steps

Poured Concrete Steps on Concrete Patio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently had a large portion of my driveway torn out/replaced, a 12 x 18 patio poured, and 3 half moons steps poured, all of 6 bag mix concrete. The flatwork looks great, virtually flawless. The steps, on the other hand, don't. After removing the forms/frame for the three...

Fixing concrete steps? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I renting a two family flat in Michigan. Recently, a huge hole has appeared on the concrete step outside the home. My landlord states that it cannot be fixed because it is winter here in Michigan. I disagree. I informed her that she probably can't repair the step but it probably can...

Repairing concrete steps [ 2 Answers ]

How would I fix front porch steps where the slab has broken but under the steps it is empty how would I fill this and not spend too much money? What would I use to support the slab?

Concrete block steps [ 2 Answers ]

I have contracted a garden firm to build a concrete block wall and curved steps. I don't think they know what they are doing as the blocks are sitting on the dirt and are very narrow. How should they go about this?

View more questions Search