Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisjackson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Her pension vs no pension
    My friends is getting divorced and being sued for infidelity. His wife has a great teachers pension. What percent do you think he may be entitled to. The point is they have 2 houses and land, but she is the bread winner. He wants to keep the primary home. They live in NY. I doubt the charge of infidelity will hold any water.
    Thanks'
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Your friend needs to seek the advice of a competent lawyer. His entitilement to marital property is determined by different factors; the primary one, based upon what you have indicated, may the evidence his wife has of his alleged infidelity. He most certainly has a claim, but a jury can do whatever it wants, within reason. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Widow pension in US [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I'm Spanish and I'm married to an American citizen. We are living in Colorado and I have a US resident card and a social security number. As he has been working for the government, if he dies before me as I am his wife I will receive a widow pension from the government. The thing is that we...

Pension cheques [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Could anyone advise me regarding what protection old age pension cheques have from creditors. e.g.. Can my pension cheque have liens placed against it or any other collection techniques? Thanks for your help.

Pension expense [ 1 Answers ]

Is this the correct way to determine pension expense? Service cost + interest cost - actual return on plan assets

20 vs 30 yr retirement pension [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, our department has a 50% at 20 yrs, 60% at 30 yrs government pension with a 8.5% contribution. Our union just turned down a 50% at 20yrs, earning 2% each year thereafter to a maximum of 70% at 30 yrs. To get this, we were asked to pay an additional .5% (total 9%). Were they crazy for...

View more questions Search