Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ammizzu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
    1995 Mercedes-Benz Radio Problem
    I have a 1995 Mercedes-Benz. I can't get the radio to work. When I turn the radio on, it displays the word, "CODE", and nothing that I do can turn it on. What is the procedure to get around this roadblock, short of going to a M-B dealership?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
    You did not mention this but it sounds like your battery was disconnected or drained. The radio lost its memory and the anti-theft aspect of the radio want the owner to enter the security code. If you bought the car used you may need to contact the previous owner. MB should be called but they do not pass out security codes freely.
    rcelctronics Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Your car should have come with a "code card" that shows the anti-theft code to unlock the radio. If you don't have the code, Mercedes can look it up off either the serial number of the radio or the VIN (assuming it's still the original radio). I know that the local Mercedes dealer will do this free of charge, as long as you can show proof of ownership. At least call and see - it doesn't hurt to ask!
    dayodutola Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 03:54 AM
    The Premium Model Radio on my 2001 320ML Jeep also displays CODE sequent to my cleaning the Battery terminals. The Jeep was purchased USED; so I do not have the Code number- how can I de-code it?
    lakers23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 03:55 PM
    How can I fix my mercedes benz e420 radio after it has been shot and would no turn on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Altima Idleing problem Knock & O2 sensor, EGR Flow Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1995 Nissan Altima with 67,000 miles. When the car is idleing when I start it or when it is at a red light the rpm's go from 6000 to 9000. It sounds like I am reving the engine. The engine sounds fine when I am driving the car ( rpm's are consitent). I went to AutoZone the read out errors...

Radio problem! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem with my 99 Dodge Ram. The a.m on my radio works ,but the f.m doesn't work. Does anyboby know if I need a new radio or there is something else like a wire. I need to know before I spend money on a new one. Can anybody help me out!

1995 Honda Civic battery problem [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, this shouldn't be too difficult for someone that knows a bit about cars. My door was left open with the seatbelt in it and drained my battery almost fully. My alarm still worked and I had lights but when I went to start it, the starter would just turn over but wouldn't fire. I have a...

Mercedes benz [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Does anyone know how to free a starter motor on a W 124 Mercedes, with auto box. It seems the motor is stuck, as I have tried turning the ignition key, with the lights on, and they do not dim! Am I thinking correct ? It started first time this morning, I cleaned the screen of ice,...

View more questions Search