Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucky4sum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Have I harmed my unborn baby?
    Hello,
    I am worried sick. I am 7+6 weeks pregnant and have taken sudafed nasal spray for chronic congestion that I get when pregnant (this is my 3rd pregnancy). In my last pregnancy the doctor said it was OK to take but I was in my 2nd trimester then.
    I have only used the nasal spray about 5 or 6 times at night to sleep.
    On reading info on the net it they all advise not to take in 1st trimester.
    The past 5 days I have experienced very bad morning sickness and today I have no symptoms. I am worried that I may have harmed the baby. Is this possible? I don't have my first doctors appointment until Monday.
    Regards,
    Summar
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 05:15 AM

There is a maternity nurse here as a member,however it does not appear she is online right now.

The only advice I can offer is ring the hospital,I realise your very worried,but perhaps someone there may be able to ease your mind before Monday.

Other posters will also offer advice,however be careful taking advice online from strangers concerning your health or the health of your baby.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 5, 2010, 05:19 AM
    The best thing to do is call your doctors office and they can tell you whether its OK to take... sometimes the labels on certain medications advise you not to take while pregnant but if a physician says its OK then you will be fine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 05:23 AM

You can call your doctor. However, since you used it so little, the chance is slim that any harm was done.

Harm to the unborn baby usually occurs with consistent use over time.

Ring your doctor to ease your mind, but, as I said, chances are slim that there is any permanent damage. Remember, most women don't even know they are pregnant this early, so many are still drinking/smoking etc without any long term effects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My unborn baby [ 1 Answers ]

My ex partner wants dna test,can I stop him seeing my baby till results are through,he saying he may not be the father

Could I be with a unborn baby? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering could You be pregnant by this:hot sensation in the lower abdominal cramping and no period back ache when waking up and sitting down and bending head down in the chair.and the doctor pressed in my stomach in a Little it hurted an I can lay down in suck in my stomach it...

Grandparents want my unborn baby [ 5 Answers ]

Hello well where shall I start,been with my partner for a year now I'm 19 he is 32 a bit of a gap, I'm 38 weeks pregnant, when we first met I lived at home with my dad and he lived in at work(hotel) witch was where we met, he lived about 200 miles away from his parents so didn't see them often,...

Unborn baby [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how long it takes to get opiotes or lortab out of a unborn baby's system?

Custody of my unborn baby? [ 9 Answers ]

Got married in February I found out I was pregnant in March and My husband is now living with his mother because he says " he will never put nothing before her" She is "the most important thing, the only person who stood by him for 13 years that he was in prison" Our baby is due in November and...

View more questions Search