Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edross Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2019, 01:28 PM
    Is 68 psi cutoff too high for pressure tank
    My cuton pressure is 42 and my tank pressure is at 39. My cutoff is at 68. Is this okay or can it cause damage from being too high?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2019, 02:05 PM
    40 and 60 are pretty typical. 68 is a little on the high side and makes your pump work harder than is necessary. I'd back up the cut out to 60 if it was me.

As for the tank, most tanks are rated to around 100 psi. You might want to double check your tank's rating but I doubt that will be an issue for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure switch cutoff [ 2 Answers ]

When we have high volume use, using several items at once, our pressure switch for our well is forced in an open position. In order to have water , we have to manually force switch closed, and it resumes operation. We have replaced switch, piping, and still have the problem. Everyone tells us it is...

Pumptrol regulator cutoff too high [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, all! I have the familiar Pumptrol SquareD water pressure regulator; I don't have the model number, but it says 40/60 inside. We recently had to replace our well pump after learning that bladder tanks need to be checked annually :-( and the guy replaced our regulator as well. Unfortunately,...

I moved my well tank, now the pressure builds up too high and trips the relief valve. [ 4 Answers ]

I moved my well tank to the crawl space. I replumbed everything with no problems. Turned the power on, the pump and lines are hammering. Pressure gauge reads 100 and relief valve trips. What is wrong?

Gas tank for 580.767300 High Pressure Washer [ 4 Answers ]

Gas tank for model # 580.767300 high pressure washer; 6.5 hp. 2,400 psi, 2.2 gpm;

Well pressure tank too high pressure? [ 1 Answers ]

The pressure switch on on well system started leaking recently so I replaced it. I noticed that both the old and new switch were clicking on and off fairly rapidly (every 10-15 seconds when a faucet open). Knocking on my pressure tank it sounded like it was full of water and I got zero air...

View more questions Search