Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bijitdas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2004, 09:03 AM
    Train services
    How can I get information on train services between Anchorage and Fairbanks?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 26, 2004, 11:40 AM
    Re: train services
    Alaska Railroad Fairbanks to Anchorage
    Relax and view the scenic beauty of a ride on the Alaska Railroad, the last full-service railroad in the United States. Sit back and enjoy the comfortable seating and large picture windows. Be sure to keep an eye out for wildlife and magnificent views of Mt. McKinley. After departing Fairbanks the train crosses the Tanana River on one of the world's longest single-span bridges. It was here, at the west end of the 702-foot bridge, that President Harding drove the final spike competing the railroad in 1923. Just before arriving Denali Park you will enter the scenic Nenana River Canyon, a popular spot for whitewater rafting. After departing at Denali you will pass though Broad Pass, the highest point on the Alaska Railroad at 2,363 feet. North of Talkeetna you will cross the startling 918-foot Hurricane Gulch trestle, towering 296 feet above the creek below. Be sure to have your camera ready, as this is one of the route's best photo opportunities. South of Talkeetna, about 3 hours before you reach Anchorage marks one of the most spectacular views of McKinley, and if the weather is good the train will slow to allow passengers to snap a few photos. Keep an eye out for bears, moose, eagles, beavers, wolves and swans.

The train features informative tour guides, and diner cars offer a casual and relaxed atmosphere. There is also a dome viewing car which passengers may enjoy on a shared, rotating basis. The railroad is accessible to wheelchairs, with special ramps at the depots and provisions on the coaches for occupied wheel chairs.

Length: 12 Hours

Departure Information:
    8:15 AM depart Fairbanks Depot, arrive Anchorage 8:00 PM

Rates and Operating Dates Adult Child
    5/16/04 to 6/5/04 $140.00 $70.00
    6/6/04 to 9/6/04 $175.00 $88.00
    9/7/04 to 9/13/04 $140.00 $70.00
    Rates do not inlude tax and are subject to change without notice.

Check Availability: May, June, July, August, September

More Information: Alaska Railroad Schedule and Rates, Alaska Railroad

Reservations
    For reservations or additional information call 800-208-0200 or submit an online reservation request.

Payment and Cancellation Policy
    A deposit equal to 30% of services reserved is due at the time of booking, with the balance due 45 days prior to your first day of travel. The following change and cancellation fees apply. Between 45 to 31 days prior to your first day of travel a 10% cancel/change fee will apply. Between 30 to 15 days prior to your first day of travel a 50% cancel/change fee will apply. Within 14 days of travel, your package is non-refundable and non-changeable. Because we cannot make exceptions to our cancellation or change policies for any reason, including family and medical emergencies, we STRONGLY encourage you to purchase travel insurance.

[printer version Alaska Railroad Fairbanks to Anchorage]

ALASKA TRAVEL TIPS
    Anchorage
    Denali Park
    Fairbanks
    Seward
    Talkeetna Area
    More cities...

ALASKA VACATIONS
    Trip Finder (new)
    Land Only Packages
    Pre Cruise Packages
    Post Cruise Packages

ALASKA CRUISES
    Princess Cruises
    Holland America Line

ALASKA HOTELS
    Anchorage Hotels
    Denali Park Hotels
    Fairbanks Hotels
    Seward Hotels
    Talkeetna Area Hotels  ALASKA TRANSPORT
    Bus Lines
    Alaska Railroad
    Alaska Car Rentals
    Alaska RV Rentals

ALASKA TOURS
    Anchorage Tours
    Denali Park Tours
    Fairbanks Tours
    Seward Tours
    Talkeetna Area Tours

ALASKA FISHING

NATIONAL PARKS
    Denali Park
    Kenai Fjords
    Wrangell St Elias

TRAVEL RESOURCES
    Alaska Maps
    Travel Guides
    Alaska Weather
    Travel Insurance
    Web Specials
    Travel Links
    Link To Us
    FAQS
    NEW FOR 2004
    Kenai Princess Lodge
    Lands End Resort
    Seward Dinner Cruise
    Helicopter Tours

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I train my dog to walk on a leash? [ 7 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me. I am a new golden retriever owner. He is 18 weeks old. I have never owned a dog that was leash trained. I want to be able to walk my golden on his leash, but he won't budge! Any help would be appreciated.

Potty train for my shih tzu [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a 8 weeks old shih tzu. I work long hours so I plan to potty train him indoor. I use newspaper in the crate and he pees on it, but when I let him out, he won't do it but instead he pees on the carpet. Sometimes when I caught him when he need to go, so I put him on the paper he just...

Motorola Train Commercial Song [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the artist and song that is used on the Motorola train commercial?

Train travel [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a train that I can use from australia going to new zealand.

View more questions Search