Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tellmebout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Any latitude in the rough-in dimension for a toilet?
    I want to install a 2-piece Toto toilet with a rough-in dimension of 12 inches to replace an existing 2-piece Kohler toilet. The dimension from the face of the tile that subsequently got added to the wall is presently at about 11-1/2 inches to the center of the bolts holding down the toilet.

What latitude if any can be safely assumed in the rough-in dimension (+/- inches) given by the manufacturer?

Are there other solutions short of having to get a toilet with a 10 inch rough-in dimension which will result in a large gap between the tank and the wall?

Thanks
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
    You can scoot the closet bolts forward a quarter of an inch if you need to, then dry set the toilet to be sure you have the required clearance before setting it with a wax gasket(s).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

How far from the roughin wall to center line of waste should I set the toilet?

Reventing rough in toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, how's it going I need to know if I can use the exsisting vent stack to rough in a new toilet or do I have to install a new vent for for each. All answers welcome. Thanks .:cool:

Toilet rough in and shower [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: The rough in of all the drainage for my basement bathroom was done before we poured the basement floor. Now I am at building the framing for the walls. My first question is this. How do you measure to install a toilet in the proper place, meaning, my wall is not framed yet, where on the...

Toilet Flange on rough in [ 2 Answers ]

What all is involved in mounting a toilet flange to rough in on conrete? Thanks in advance!

Toilet in basement -already has rough in [ 3 Answers ]

Hi we are installing a toilet in the basement of our new home. There is already a 4 inch stub that was left by the contractors. I have a couple of questions. 1.What kind of flange do we need for it to be flush with the concrete? Should we just buy a 3" flange and glue it into the four inch...

View more questions Search