Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joey129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
    When AC Starts Furnace Fan Shuts off
    I have a Clare OLB 503RD Furnace with Coleman Central Air Unit. The AC Unit comes on outside and the furnace fan shuts down. AC freezes up. Is there a relay or motor control on the fan that has failed
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Yes it is possible the fan relay is defective. In the mean time try to turn the thermostat blower control to run all the time. That may or may not work but you will still need to find the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace shuts down starts only after off switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our Furnace comes on and only runs for a minute or so... the first fan comes on and it sounds like water in the fan... we have a humidifier on side... then the blower fan comes on and it only runs for a few minutes.it doesn't get up to the tempter we set it too.( tried both.digital themo and old...

Lawn mower starts and then shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Lawn mower starts and then shuts down

Mower Starts but shuts off in grass [ 3 Answers ]

My Craftsman push mower stopped mid yard and now it won't cut the grass. I tried some basic maintenance to get it going again. I topped off the oil and gas, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the under carriage, and raised the wheels. I checked the blade and it looks fine. I can't think of what to...

Carrier Furnace model 58STA fan only shuts off for 10 second intervals [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 year old Carrier Furnace, model 58STA had a, seemingly, routine cleaning and check recently. Prior to the service call it was running fine. I noticed that after the cleaning the burner would fire up then the blower would come on. The burner stays on for about 5 minutes then shuts down. ...

My PC Starts, then shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, OK just put a new motherboard in & cpu & basically it boots for about 5-10 seconds then shuts down again, getting shorter each time unless I leave it while any ideas Thanks

View more questions Search