Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caitlin_Sulli Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 09:08 AM
    How can a 16 year old girl put herself into care
    Okay so I've been considering being put into care for a few years now.
    So a few months back my mum and Dad found out I was self-harming and that I'd started smoking. They wasn't to happy, my dad was happy to support me and listen to what I had to say. But after being taken to hospital for it, I told the doctors all what had happened and how I felt, they wanted to run tests. The phyciactric doctor analyzed me and told me my mental state wasn't very stable and I was unwell and had possible mental illness. So I started seeing a phychologist. But my mum told be I was lying about everything and how if there was something wrong with me, she didn't want anything to do with me and she didn't love me and I was mental freak.
    So that hurt, she out a stop to my counseling, now I have to deal with this on my own.
    Then the other day she didn't like the way I dressed and told me, I was a freak and I was mad and how I was a weirdo and how she couldn't love me and how I should just be nromal like my sister and why am I so weird and crazy. Again that really hurt. She's also been constantly arguing with my dad and she's even been physically hitting him, chucking things at him, I really just can't live with her anymore, she's making me feel so low and upset and I just don't want to feel down again, I just want to be happy really.
    Please help me.
    Much apreciated.
    Caitlin.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 09:21 AM

Caitlin, I think you should talk to your school counsellor about your home issues. The way I see it, its your mom who has the mental problems, from your description. Your dad needs to step in here and get you back in the care you need. How did she have it all cancelled? I would think that decision had to come from both parents. Let us know

Tick
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Jul 27, 2010, 09:37 AM

Hi Caitlin

Sounds like a pretty miserable home situation. On the bright side, you're 16, so you'll be able to move out on your own before too long.

With your mom, just realize she has a mental problem, chemically unbalanced or something. But I know no matter what when a parent says something like that, it's going to hurt. She shouldn't say those things to you. Saying stuff like that can give a normal person mental problems.

You should be in some counseling... but if you can't get any right now, the best thing I can recommend is when you feel like hurting yourself, try running. People hurt themselves when they are unhappy because pain makes a person produce endorphins which is the hormone that can relieve depression and give a person a sense of well being. Running makes that same hormone.
    Running is pretty painful and miserable, like hurting yourself, but it works way better...

Jul 27, 2010, 09:52 AM

Tickle, I already went to my school counsellor but I've finished + left school now.
    So I've got the whole summer until I go back, but my college I'm going to doesn't have anything like that there :/
    Yeah my mum told them I was okay, I had a home visit and she told me to pretend things were fine, my dad's working a lot, but he does what he can to help my mum realize.

Jul 27, 2010, 09:54 AM

Bidingmytime, yeah it really is I am trying my best though. I won't be able to moe out for two yeard because of financial situationsand I need my education. Yeah a lot of people have said that to me, I think that about my mum as well. Yeah it still hurts just thinking about it. I'm going to go to my friends mum as they are a social worker to see how I can resolve the situation :)
    Thanks for the help
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Jul 28, 2010, 10:18 AM

Another solution, just try to stay busy all the time and never be home. Maybe things would be better if you just weren't around you're mom so much. I hope your friend's mom can help you out. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 YearOld Girl I Want To Be Put Into Care [ 34 Answers ]

Heyy I'm a 16 year old girl and I want to be put into care/foster care. I have various reasons to do this, but here's just one. 7 months ago my brother got a new girlfriend from Plymouth (200-300 miles away). She came down and met him just the once, when she got back home she send an email saying...

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

Can I put My nephew in Foster Care [ 11 Answers ]

I filed for and received custody of my 9 year old nephew because his mom is serving time in prison and his father is deceased.. It's been very hard since he moved in with me and has caused me to loose one job already because of me taking time off to run back and fourth to his school to the...

Why do I put up with someone who could care less 4me? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't understand what is wrong with me. I'm in a relationship with someone who in my opinion doesn't care the least bit about me or my feelings (only when he wants something from me). He is always lying to me about everything I don't trust him at all because it's always a lie. He never wants to...

View more questions Search