Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Sep 14, 2007, 06:05 PM
    I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor.
    How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop computer until my birthday comes and I can get my wonderful Mac Mini.

Please help me.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 18, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Usually there is a button you can press on the laptop. It's usually either F4 F5 or F8, but you have to hold down the Function key when you do it. It should have a little picture of a monitor on it, or say CRT/LCD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flickering laptop monitor [ 2 Answers ]

My gateway laptop sometimes has a flickering screen that I can sometimes get rid of by moving it back and forth. Help!

Laptop monitor problem [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cup with about 1/4 cup of soda in it on the night stand my my laptop was on the bed. My cat tried to get on the night stand and dropped the glass right on my laptop. It was closed so it just hit the back of the monitor. THE COMPUTER WORKS... so I know it is okay... the monitor is having...

Laptop monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Latitud laptop model C800, I did reinstall Windows 98 SE everything is running OK, but the monitor image is too small, in other words the screen does not cover all the surface like when was new. Can somebody help. Thank you

Laptop monitor going haywire [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this problem? My Dell Inspiron monitor is going haywire - the background color goes from white (normal) to an aqua color. Sometimes it stays aqua for 10 minutes before it flashes back to white again - sometimes it doesn't do it at all - when it does do it, some gentle...

View more questions Search