Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robeverything Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2015, 05:00 PM
    WD passport 2 tb hardrive is not working … dropped
    My wd passport drive fell 50 cm on to a wooden floor and now the computer is not recognising the drive , the hard drive is just making a sound like the disk is stuck … like small bleeps looping …. Is there anything I can do? I am desperate to fix this!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2015, 08:42 PM
    Sure you can fix it... buy a new hard drive and replace it. And be more careful next time.

Seriously, there is nothing else you can do. Unless its got mission critical corporate information on it... it would cost far too much to have recovered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2015, 09:07 PM
    You can take it to a shop and see if they can recover the information on it. I had one do something about the same, and it was very costly to recover the information, thus I use two backups now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dropped my Western Digital passport HD and it won't work! [ 13 Answers ]

Accidentally dropped my WD passport ext drive, and while it spins and lights, it takes my laptop a while to see it, but then cnnot open the drive to access it. Please help, as it has all of my iTunes music on it! Thanks!

Halsey remote dropped, not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a ceiling fan and light combination that does not seem to work without the remote (is there a way to get it to work without... ) and I dropped the remote last week and it stopped working. The receiver light works, I changed the battery and that didn't help, all of the inside switches...

I need a knowledgeable and helpful german passport lawyer working in (LONDON) [ 3 Answers ]

I need a knowledgeable and helpful german lawyer working in the uk(LONDON) specializing in passport matters. I can't seem to find any on the web.my child's father and grandfather are german.his name is on the birth certificate but now wants nothing to do with my child.. is he still entitled to...

Is hardrive DEAD [ 2 Answers ]

Hi hope someone can help. Have recently had to format daughters hardrive due to lots of problems with viuruses and trojans ( despite warning her of what was out there :rolleyes: ). I managed to format OK, then tried to re-install windows. It got so far then there was a problem with the disk so had...

Back up hardrive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've recently run into my HD completely crashing and after shelling out $300 bones to retrieve, change the HD and upgrade the OP system I'm wondering how to I back up everything from my hardrive? Should I get a jump drive and what size? Also what do I have to include in the backup other...

View more questions Search