Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donjerr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Does abcess cause headache
    I Have A Very Painful Toothache But The Tooth Is Gone The Gums Where The Tooth Used To Be Is Like A Gumball And Has A Nasty Taste That Comes Out Could That Be The Reason From My Headaches
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Quite definitely. When I had any kind of gum problem my entire face usually swells up. I get horrible headaches also. If this is a lower jaw my entire neck could get swollen and hurt like a son of a gun. Go to the dentist to get an antibiotic. You can have infection travel into your sinus cavity or into your head causing all kinds of problems.
    DONSYWONSY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I have the same thing although my headaches are usually in the evening I have an abcess that has made its way into my sinus and it looks to some that I have a cold except this is very thick smelly discoloured liquid that constantly leaks I am waiting to hear from my doc on what to do next so my advice to you is visit your doctor or dentist as they, like they did with me, could have left some dressing of some kind in there
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 04:22 PM
    A tooth abscess that has spread to your sinus is not something to sit around waiting for your doctor to call about. You could end up with a very serious infection that could lead to blindness or death. There have recently been cases documented proving this. I'd run not walk to emergency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't this headache go away? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am doglover92 and I was wondering, I have had this really bad headache since March and it won't go away. It is from the top of my forehead to the back of my neck, I ave tried everything, dos anyone know what this might be or what is wrong? If anyone knows please get back to me. PLEASE!!...

Pulmonary abcess [ 5 Answers ]

How long would it take for a pulmonary abcess to become the size of a golf ball

Headache [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 21 yr old male.. for the past year or so I have been having a terrible headache everyday. I was wondering if anybody knew why this might be.

Tooth abcess [ 2 Answers ]

I had a filling that fell out never went back to dentist the tooth decayed but now it has a swoollen gum lump inside is this abcessed? No drainage no pain

Headache [ 2 Answers ]

My Girlfriend had a conussion that happened in September. She has had a really bad head for months. Do you have any idea what it could be. Hairline fractures or something? She also has lumps on the back of the neck and head to. Please help me e

View more questions Search