Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lachevy14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
    What is Florida law for my future husband to adopt my adopted daughter?
    My ex husband has not seen her in over 6 years. Can my future husband adopt her in Florida once we are married? Do we have to notify my ex husband?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Yes and Yes. The adoption petition will have to at least attempt to get his permission for the adoption. If he refuses or you cannot contact him you will need to show the court that you have tried. If you can prove there has been no contact, you should be able to get the adoption approved.

You NEED an attorney to process the adoption petition Start shopping around now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my husband adopt my daughter in Florida if I don't know her biological father [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My husband want to adopt my daughter. A little history... I was 15 when I got pregnant and made a lot of mistakes I do not know who her father is. My husband has been her father since she was 1. We are married and have 2 other children. Can he adopt her ( she is 9 now & disabled)? Thanks...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

Sister in Law wants Husband to adopt her daughter.SHADY? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister in law has a 4 year old daughter, whose biological father had nothing to do with for all this time, other than child support that he avoids paying. She recently called my husband and claimed that the father now wants to get primary custody to suposebly not pay child support, so to avoid...

Adopt my daughter with my turkish future husband [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my long term partner wishes to adopt my daughter from my past marriage , and my ex husband has agreed . As he has 4 children from past we wish to do this ourselves as have no money , but my future husband is turkish have been engaged for a hole year she only nos him as her daddy as my ex has...

New husband wants to adopt my single-parent adopted child. [ 2 Answers ]

I adopted a baby 4 years ago as a single-parent adoption. There is no father on the birth certificate, just me as the birth mother. How can he adopt my son and have his name added to the birth certificate? Thank you!

View more questions Search