Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pies1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Accidentally saw a nurse-patient sexual encounter... what should I do?
    OMG I can't believe what just happened, I was at the hospital sleeping and was in a room now in each room there are like 4 beds so 4 patients in the room inclued myself as well and in each room there is 1 toilet or bathroom whatever you want to call it. I woke up around 3am and I really needed to go to the toilet I was busting like hell. So I got out of my bed and made my way to the toilet I could tell that someone was in the toilet so I was waiting and waiting for some time approximately 30 minutes. To my surprise I didn't realise that 1 person in my room was missing and I just had this gut feeling that something wasn't right. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and open the toilet door and to my surprise I saw a nurse having sexual intercourse with a patient in my room awww man I think I had a heart attack when I saw what happen and I think I also wet my pants as well lol. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the door and they saw me and they told me to get out get out and shut the door. I felt so disturbed after that moment and shut the door and went into another room to use there toilets when I finished and came back they were still in there. So I went back into bed and tried to forget about it but it keeps replaying in my mind. I don't what to do complain but if I complain I don't think they will believe and the nurse might bring up some excuses so any got and idea what I should do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2012, 10:10 AM
    So you report it to the hospital,or do you want your turn tonight? So what do you really to do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 1, 2012, 10:39 AM
    You go out to the desk and say you want to talk to the Nursing Administrator, and when you do, do it out of earshot of anyone, or put it in writing.
    Question_All Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Why do you want to tell anyone? It's their business(Two consenting adults)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Why do you want to tell anyone? It's their business(Two consenting adults)
    It's not a matter of it being 2 consenting adults... it's a patient in a hospital and a nurse. Very unprofessional at the very least and surely against the rules... and I have no idea what laws.

So you see? "Consenting adults" doesn't fit in here.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Question_All View Post
    Why do you want to tell anyone? Its their business(Two consenting adults)

To start with it's unethical and possibly illegal. I would put this in the same category as a teacher and student.

Sex between a patient and caretaker in a working relationship is inappropriate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A sexual encounter [ 31 Answers ]

I recently had a casual sexual encounter with a longtime crush.Problem is I have a doting devoted boyfriend whom I love very much.do you think it wise to tell him even though I stand the risk of losing him if I do?

Nurse/Patient relations [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is a nurse and has formed a friendship with a young M early 20's patient of hers. He's not in great health and I'm sure she cares for him in a maternal way and just wishes he gets better. My question is where do you draw the line? It's obvious they are friends at the clinic she works in. ...

Hipaa when a nurse is the patient [ 1 Answers ]

I am a nurse and I recently had a serious illness that required emergency admittance and surgery. I was admitted to my previous hospital employer. I was on the surigal wing which was the appropriate place but after 2 days my old nurse manager showed up and said she just realized I was on the...

I don't know how to deal with this sexual encounter.I am a mess. [ 8 Answers ]

I have not told my friends or family about this. I went to one of my friends house over the weekend. I was there under the assumption that it was just going to be she and I there, a relatively "safe" environment, hanging out alone. We started drinking, and after a few strong drinks, I became...

How do I deal with this sexual encounter? I am distraught. [ 17 Answers ]

I have not told my friends or family about this. I went to one of my friends house over the weekend. I was there under the assumption that it was just going to be she and I there, a relatively "safe" environment, hanging out alone. We started drinking, and after a few strong drinks, I became...

View more questions Search