Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldcoach Posts: 103, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2005, 05:56 PM
    Plyometrics for wrestling
    I have seen books on plyometrics for football, baseball, track & field, and basketball. Has anyone seen a book covering plyometrics for wrestling? I know from what I have read on the subject that it would probably improve shooting for the legs, driving moves, reverses, and breakaways.
    Let's talk about this.
    zaxnix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 08:07 PM
    I'm sure some medicine ball drills ,i.e. over head slams help with upperbody power in wrestling
    Bashar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
    For 14 years old Want to be wrestling what should he do?
    mattWrestlerGuy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 10:35 PM
    There are lots of things that a 14 year old can do. First thing I think that is necessary is some supervision of exercise routine is in order. Make sure that the said athlete/child is following directions given in order to not injure themselves. Proper guidance is key here. Too much exercise is not a good thing, so schedule proper breaks for recovery. Muscles need to recover in order to grow and build.

When you workout, you are tearing your muscles and while in the recovery phase, they rebuild. Hence, the growth of muscle and their development.

Try a small regimine of weight, plyometrics, running, stretching, 30 second goes with a partner, drills, take down to a pin, takedown to win, stand-up drill, hand fighting drill: I.e. What do you do when a wrestler grabs your hands: use it against him or her, try a drill where the wrestler grabs your hand-then say to the wrestler, your objective is to use that hand or arm to gain an advatange (arm drag, russian, arm drag to body lock, arm drag to ankle pick, arm drag re-drag) and position drill as it relates to freestyle/greico is also a good thing

Another good thing to do is to look for additional practices: camps and clinics
    Ask your wrestling coach where to find camps and clinics

Apr 30, 2012, 10:37 PM
    Also when a wrestler puts his hands out like that, sometimes that means that he or she is inexperienced, thusly creating an option that didn't exist before. Slap drill and post drill.
    Slap drill is where you slap the hands down then shoot right through the hands
    The post drill you post the hands upwards while changing levels to shoot

Apr 30, 2012, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcoach View Post
    I have seen books on plyometrics for football, baseball, track & field, and basketball. Has anyone seen a book covering plyometrics for wrestling? I know from what I have read on the subject that it would probably improve shooting for the legs, driving moves, reverses, and breakaways.
    Let's talk about this.
    There are several areas where you can go about finding your answer that you seek.

Try looking in the book store under the category sports: I.e. MMA and Wrestling. Due to the popularity of MMA, It has helped draw attention to normal style of wrestling, and because of this, we can find material for the use of wrestling H.S. Wrestling, college, olympic and more. There should be a multitudinous amount of information there to start with. Please don't be discouraged if you are because there is yet another option that you may explore. The internet. Put into the search field for wrestlers. There should be lots of replies that you can look at for gaining explosiveness as it relates to cardiovascular conditioning or otherwise known as .

*I have done this myself*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jiu-jutsu aids wrestling? [ 5 Answers ]

Boxers use martial arts training to enhance their abilities, but do wrestlers use Aikido, Judo, and Jiu-Jutsu to enhance their skills? Who has experience or material on this subject?

Wrestling [ 1 Answers ]

In the wrestling proffesionals, I learned of the death of EDDIE Querrerro. I would appreciate your information as to the cause of death and when this occurred. Regards.

Plyometrics? [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any gyms out there that offer plyometric training?

View more questions Search