Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terisden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Dishwasher fault code
    I have a Model #665.15892100 Kenmore dishwasher with a fault code not listed in my manual and NO ONE at Sears can answer me as to what this fault code means! I have a non Sears tech working on it for me but he has never come across this code with any of the other brands (since Kenmore does not make their own) and does not have the capability to question Sears technical support. I did call their customer service and they said they can't help me. Cycles take too long to proceed to the next cycle.
    :(
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 02:06 PM
    What is the fault code you're getting?
    terisden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 02:15 PM
    "j"
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Boy, I've just had no luck, I'm sorry to say. All the error codes I found for Kenmore are Capital letters and/or numbers... so I can't help but think that maybe you've also got a problem with the display where that code is appearing.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Hopefully one of the others will come along and give a tip.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 19, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Sounds like something is messing with the board, could be the board itself.

Id hate to tell you to run and get a new board, but if your manual doesn't have a listing for it, your repair guy don't know, Sears, don't know, and RickJ couldn't find anything, it sounds like to me the board is sending some sort of spoof reading to the diplay.

Ive seen our commercial undercounter dishwasher do that, first we check the probes, probes that are not reading right, or misfiring cause the board to display wild messages, once all other avenues have been explored we replace the board and hope for the best.

Of course our dishwashers use probes to detect water level and give a temp reading at the sump, I doubt a temp reading is nessesary for a residential dishwasher, and you probobly use a simple float for water level. Im suspecting the board. But as Im not sitting in front of it, Id go with any advice your repair man gives first.

Oh, check for loose or corroded wires, anything that doesn't look normal, check it out. Water may have leaked over an wire that carries data causing some strange probems. On mechanical dishwahsers this would just most likley throw some sparks around, but on low voltage control board circuits, it will most likley just make strange things happen. Check the board to see if its wet, check for burned marks or discoloration on the board.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 20, 2006, 06:53 PM
    It sounds like a temp switch. On certain cycles it will turn on the heater and wait for the temp (normally 140) then continue. If one of those is bad then it will time out on the control board. Try running it with all water temp settings off and see if it complete the cycle with out errors.

Oct 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kender
    It sounds like a temp switch. on certain cycles it will turn on the heater and wait for the temp (normally 140) then continue. If one of those is bad then it will time out on the control board. Try running it with all water temp settings off and see if it complete the cycle with out errors.
    I honestly didn't think that residentual dishwashers did that. Of course Im not saying they don't, after all, my dishwasher is rather old and all mechanical (no boards, display, etc).

But you make a valid point, if it does have a control board then I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

What you just said sounded like it was torn from the pages out our service manuals for the commercial undercounter dishwashers. Depending on the setting, it will wait until a certain temp is reachd in the sump before it exits "fill" mode, and then you can wash.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 20, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Most states want water heaters installed with a temp setting of 125 for scalding but it does not wash the dishes very well. So now the dishwasher manufactures have started adding that feature into the residential washers

Oct 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Interesting, and thank you for that bit of information, I'll keep that in mind.

I guess Im going to have to upgrade my appliances to keep up! :)

Of course I can't see that happening anytime soon since I boxed my dishwasher into that hole in the wall, and built shelves all around it. :)

Of course then I'll be getting J errors that make me want to beat my head against the wall (haha)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring fault [ 9 Answers ]

I have a surge protector that my computer is plugged into. The wiring fault light is on. Is this equipment grounded? Does the surge protector do it's job if it is not? I also have 2 prong outlets in half the house ( I rent ) can a powerstrip or a surge protector protect me in a case of a...

Is it my fault? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a five month old boy very determined to do everything sooner than expected, that gets very upset when he cannot reach his goals. Or so it seems. At the moment he cries all the time, unless I help him sit up and touch everything he can reach or if we "read" books together. Does not want to be...

Arch Fault Breakers [ 3 Answers ]

I installed AFCI breakers in a 100 amp panel. When the lights are turn on the breaker shut down the circuit. Everything is wired properly! Is there a special way to install AFCI breakers? Help Parcom

Not At Fault Car Accident, What's Next? [ 2 Answers ]

I was Recently In A Car Accident That was not my Fault The Other Driver Took Responsibility For The Accident, But I Have Yet To Hear From His Insurance Company Which He Has Yet To Inform Me Of. The Police Don't Even Know His Insurance Company Either. He Was A Government Official And Driving A...

No fault insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 yr. old son was hit by a car (as a pedestrian) recently. He was in the state of Florida, we are from, and reside in Maine. My insurance company is the same as the driver's, who has very little in assets, and only carried the required 10K policy as stipulated as minimum in the state of...

View more questions Search