Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AVPmvp11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Hair Follicle Test
    Going to keep this short and sweet.

Over the last month (June) I smoked twice in a 4 day period. (June 22-26) I have a hair test in roughly four/five weeks. I rarely smoke and the most recent time prior to this month was in February.

I have a fairly quick metabolism and work out on a daily basis. (Heavy lifting and good amounts of cardiovascular exercises.) I am also eat very healthy and work a job where I am on my feet all day. My body type is lean and muscular (5'9, 170, low body fat %).

Im just curious to what are my odds with this hair test?

Any knowledgeable answer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Much of this is immaterial - body weight, on your feet all day, lean and muscular - we are talking about your hair and the rate at which it grows.

"A standard hair follicle screen covers a period of approximately 90 days, but is susceptible to time variation depending on the growth rate of your hair. The hair sample is cut as close to the scalp as possible and the most recent 3.9cm (or 1.5 inches) are tested. It is possible to go back even further than 90 days since the time period is limited only by the length of the hair sample, but is standardized to a 90 day history." Pass Hair Follicle Drug Test - Hair Drug Testing
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPmvp11 View Post
    Going to keep this short and sweet.

Over the last month (June) I smoked twice in a 4 day period. (June 22-26) I have a hair test in roughly four/five weeks. I rarely smoke and the most recent time prior to this month was in February.

I have a fairly quick metabolism and work out on a daily basis. (Heavy lifting and good amounts of cardiovascular exercises.) I am also eat very healthy and work a job where I am on my feet all day. My body type is lean and muscular (5'9, 170, low body fat %).

Im just curious to what are my odds with this hair test?

Any knowledgeable answer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Hair drug testing like all drug tests can only detect what is there regardless of the sensitivity of instrument used. The cannabis metabolites THC and THC-COOH do not have an affinity for hair. As a result it usually requires sustained use before THC-COOH* can be detected in a hair test. Infrequent use is seldom detected.

*being the only metabolite that can be used in a confirmation test

Huestis, 2007 Human Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetics
    Genen & Benenfield, Cannabis Compound Abuse Workup
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Duplicate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test [ 9 Answers ]

If my urine test came back negative for marijuana & I only used 3 times last month(april) & I took my test may.. Will my hAir show up for marijuana ? Please help

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I hit a joint two months ago I rareley smoke I have a hair follicle test this week I drink cranberry juice and water heavy everyday could I pass?

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

I have not used cocaine in 8 months but it is still showing up in a hair follicle test, how is this possible when the testing is for 3 months back?

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have a hair test at the end of this week. I took some ecstacy for the first time about a week before thanksgiving. Will they be able to detect it ?

View more questions Search