Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penguinsaver Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Online surveys for money?
    I see a lot of "take online surveys and get money" things... I know some of them are scams, but are there any that are real?

And if so, would you please direct me to where I can find them? I'm a full time student on financial aid and do not have time for a job, but I do need extra money. Any help is appreciated!
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 7, 2007, 02:38 PM
    I use www.acop.com

Its american consumer online opinions, though I am in the UK! But be warned, its not exactly big money, I get £3 per survey (about $5) and only take them about once a month, sometimes you get a bonus £10 or sometimes £50 if you do a particular survey for a particular company, but as a rule you don't get these very often!

Its not a scam either. As a rule of thumb, if you are asked to pay anyhting at all, it's a rip off, even post and packing. I don't pay a penny to do my surveys.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 02:41 PM
    The only one I know that's real is globaltestmarket.com each survey you do gives you between 5 and 100 points, the points are used to enter contests or 1000 points can be redeemed for $50.00 USD, a friend on mine actually got a $50.00 check twice so I signed up.

But it does take a while, they email you when your profile matches a group requested for a survey. Most surveys give 65 points and take about a half hour and you get one about every week. BUT if you don't take the survey within a few hours of receiving the email it will be over by the time you click the link
    penguinsaver Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Ooh, thank you..

Yeah I researched a little more, read articles and stuff, on that website "about.com" that gives a lot of facts, they have a list as well...

Anyone else know of any?
    Zero Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2007, 03:24 PM
    See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tips/d...ys-9658.html:D
    snowflake22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiffy
    I use www.acop.com

Its american consumer online opinions, though I am in the UK! But be warned, its not exactly big money, I get £3 per survey (about $5) and only take them about once a month, sometimes you get a bonus £10 or sometimes £50 if you do a particular survey for a particular company, but as a rule you dont get these very often!

Its not a scam either. As a rule of thumb, if you are asked to pay anyhting at all, its a rip off, even post and packing. I dont pay a penny to do my surveys.
    I have heard of ACOP, but I don't know if ACOP is a scam or not. I do agree that if one has to pay anything to do the survey it's a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    the only one i know thats real is globaltestmarket.com each survey you do gives you between 5 and 100 points, the points are used to enter contests or 1000 points can be redeemed for $50.00 USD, a friend on mine actually got a $50.00 check twice so i signed up.

But it does take a while, they email you when your profile matches a group requested for a survey. Most surveys give 65 points and take about a half hour and you get one about every week. BUT if you dont take the survey within a few hours of receiving the email it will be over by the time you click the link
    I have heard of globaltestmarket, but have not used it.
    I use survey sites that also give members points as well for either money or merchandise.
    What this poster said about it takes a while to get surveys and to try to get points is true. I know in my sexperience just because I got a survey to take it didn't mean I would get the points that it said the survey was worth. I also have tried doing surveys before and been told they don't need anymore participants or something like that.
    If you want to try some survey sites out try www.opinionoutpost.com or Welcome to MySurvey! Opinion outpost gives you money in a check and My survey gives you either a check for $10 once you have 1,000 points or a merchandise item that is offered on the site. I hope this response is helpful.
    Fishyguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 07:10 AM
    My survey.com is real good points add up fast, however you have only a few to chose from so it won't pay your rent.
    Lunaire33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Pineconeresearch, surveyspot,mysurvey.com goodluck!
    taxcat17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 11:44 AM
    Can you afford not to have an extra £10 or more per weekTAX FREE? You have nothing to lose and everything to GAIN. http://myconsumerintel.co.uk/account.aspx?t=X&r=dbe8dc8f-9aa6-41bb-9740-e68eb5064695
    taxcat17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 11:44 AM
    Comment on Squiffy's post
    I don't pay either but can you afford not to have an extra £10 or more per weekTAX FREE? You have nothing to lose and everything to GAIN. http://myconsumerintel.co.uk/account.aspx?t=X&r=dbe8dc8f-9aa6-41bb-9740-e68eb5064695

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone win Money online? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, There is an website http://www.freelotto.com This website is online lottary system. They require credit card for monthly payment of around $14.99 to play 6 types of lottary games every day. If some one is wining money they notify them by email. I want to ask is this OK to provide credit...

How about on-line surveys? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been looking at autosurfing and paid survey sites. I was wondering if anyone had experiences to share with these or others: www.expresspaidsurveys.com www.getcashforsurveys.com www.survey-platinum.com Tks, Paul

Surveys on Operating System [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, This is the first time I am sending a question :-[ Can you suggest me a good website for operating systems used and surveys of different kinds of them like some used in palm top computers, domestic PCs..

Online surveys [ 9 Answers ]

I saw an ad for filling out surveys online. Are these scams or can you make money?

View more questions Search