Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victor_josie2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 10:44 PM
    Can debt collector freeze bank account in Texas
    I have a sister that was sued by a credit card company, and I believe a judgement was obtained by the credit card company against her. My mother has a checking account, and she wanted my sister on the bank account, because she is 80 years old and if in the event she happens to die unexpectedly, she did not want her checking account frozen by the bank. Now, the credit card company is attempting to freeze my mother's bank account to get money from it for my sister's debt to them. My mother has no obligation to this credit card company, and she was not sued and she is not on the judgement against my sister. My sister does not do any banking activity on this bank account, only my mother. My sister has her own bank account. Is this Legal in Texas?
    Frengie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 01:32 AM
    In Texas it is forbidden by law to garnish wages or freeze bank accounts, unless you're the IRS }: ),or in Child support cases

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a creditor freeze a bank account in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I defaulted on some credit cards after me and my husband separated and now have a collection agency threating to place a judgement on me and then take money out of my bank account which only ever has enough in it to pay bill and support my three kid. Can they do this? I have no way to pay them the...

Can Garnishment from credit card debt freeze bank account or income taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I Have a garnishment from a credit card but no courts were involved is that company able to freeze my bank account or take my income tax. The debt was sold to a collection agency

Can a debt collector garnish my entire bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint with my 16 year son. His account was frozen due to my garnishment because I am a co signer on his account. Can the debt collector seize his money?

Can A Debt Collector Seize Your Bank Acct. In Texas? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an elderly neighbor who is widowed and is 80 years old. He seems to feel his only recourse on a credit card debt (approximately $20,000 from what he tells me) is bankruptcy, and went to see an attorney yesterday who tells him that the collection agency CAN seize any monies in his bank...

View more questions Search